The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul2660

[/url]CW Dawn light and full moon at Flatside Pinnacle by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Fall was still hit and miss this year in Arkansas. However Flatside Pinnacle never seems to disappoint. This is a early dawn shot, D850 and 24-70, two part pano. Used C1 for raw and Photoshop for stitching. Caught this spot right before the sun was up, but still it had enough light to pop the full moon. Had to fight my fears to go back as I spooked a cat or bear 2 days prior coming down off Flatside, after dark. Never been that close to something that large before.

Paul C

JohnBrew

And that's the only one you need :)

(Just get the little 70-200 for it!!! :thumbs:)
Amen.

My wife and I have finally completed our move from the beach to an adjacent island a bit further inland (read: less prone to flooding!). Before our house was surrounded by palms and large oaks. Now we are on a golf course with unencumbered vistas. Our community dock is only a three minute walk from our house. Tonight was the first night we have NOT had a red sunset. This is from last Saturday night.
Df, 70-200 f4 @ 200, f11, ISO 250, colors adjusted to my taste.

Attachments

JoelM

I'm extremely tempted by that lens. It's not cheap and I'm not sure how much I would use it, but would love to see some more examples when you have time.

Thanks,

Joel

Fredrick

I'm extremely tempted by that lens. It's not cheap and I'm not sure how much I would use it, but would love to see some more examples when you have time.

Thanks,

Joel
Currently travelling, but I’ll have something after Christmas.

This is a pano stitch with the 135mm art and D850.
996D705F-95DC-491E-B782-4BBB7C56E511.jpg

jdphoto

Another from evening stroll...
There's a waterfall just behind these trees creating this ethereal ambience.

Last edited:

kendo1

I've been having fun recently, getting involved with the Beltane Society here in Edinburgh. The Samhuinn Festival (pronounced sa -wain) takes place on 31st October. First pic is from the busk they held to raise funds - it's a non-profit organisation.
Samhuinn 2018 by Ken, on Flickr
One from the night:
One from a showcase two of the groups put on, and another chance to learn how to try to get the correct exposure for ambient and flash

Status
Not open for further replies.