The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendo1

I must say that I am leaning towards liking my landscapes made with the 135mm more than the 35mm. The 35mm focal length is not wide enough, and not tele enough. I will procure a wider lens next year.

Nikon D850, Sigma Art 135mm f/1.8

Autumnal Hydne by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr
I feel the same way about a 35. The lens, as a lens, is very good but as a focal length I find it a bit 'meh'. It is a good length for street, but that is a genre I'm not too keen on.

I lean more towards a 28 or 24 for the wide end.

JoelM

Thank you! To think such a gem was just laying on my HDD. I can't wait to print it in February! I'll be buying a Canon ImagePrograf Pro-1000 then.
My Epson 3800 had served me well, but finally gave up the ghost. I just purchased the Canon Pro-1000 last night and it was a tough decision between it and the Epson P-800. I've always used Epson and never Canon, but decided I was ready for a change. I pored over details and reviews and determined that they are both wonderful printers, but the auto-changing black and shadow detail from the Canon won me over.

I bet your print will look fantastic. In the US, Canon is giving a $300 (through February) rebate and paper is 50% off so that is a nice incentive as well.

Cheers,

Joel

Fredrick

My Epson 3800 had served me well, but finally gave up the ghost. I just purchased the Canon Pro-1000 last night and it was a tough decision between it and the Epson P-800. I've always used Epson and never Canon, but decided I was ready for a change. I pored over details and reviews and determined that they are both wonderful printers, but the auto-changing black and shadow detail from the Canon won me over.

I bet your print will look fantastic. In the US, Canon is giving a $300 (through February) rebate and paper is 50% off so that is a nice incentive as well.

Cheers,

Joel
I was considering the same options, but the Canon won me over. Canon is unfortunately not running that program in Norway.

Here’s another one with the D850 and Sigma Art 135mm f/1.8

Golsfjellet by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.