The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrick

I'm really enjoying my new printer! The black and white is comparable to 8x10 contact prints I did a few years back.

This image was shot on my D850 and the Sigma Art 35mm. I think I'll be buying the new Sigma Art 28mm whenever I can muster the funds for it.

Glowing Mountain by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Fredrick

I'm really enjoying my new printer! The black and white is comparable to 8x10 contact prints I did a few years back.

This image was shot on my D850 and the Sigma Art 35mm. I think I'll be buying the new Sigma Art 28mm whenever I can muster the funds for it.
What a wonderful print it makes indeed! Unfortunately the paper has a bent corner and some light scratches in the coating, so I will be giving it away for free.
I used to print on my brother-in-law's last generation Epson printer whenever I needed a print. Let's just say that I won't be printing on that Epson printer again. The black and white on the iPF is incredible, and I'm just using the Canon Luster now. I'm really keen to try out the Ilford Galerie stuff.

(It was also a challenge to capture the dynamic range of the print. Had to use my D850 instead of my iphone)

Attachments

Arne Hvaring

What a wonderful print it makes indeed! Unfortunately the paper has a bent corner and some light scratches in the coating, so I will be giving it away for free.
I used to print on my brother-in-law's last generation Epson printer whenever I needed a print. Let's just say that I won't be printing on that Epson printer again. The black and white on the iPF is incredible, and I'm just using the Canon Luster now. I'm really keen to try out the Ilford Galerie stuff.

(It was also a challenge to capture the dynamic range of the print. Had to use my D850 instead of my iphone)
Hi Fredrick, fine image! The Canon papers are quite good, but you might also want to try the Harman Baryta paper. It prints very well with the Pro 1000.

Fredrick

Hi Fredrick, fine image! The Canon papers are quite good, but you might also want to try the Harman Baryta paper. It prints very well with the Pro 1000.
Thank you for the recommendation, Arne! After careful consideration, I bought the Canson Infinity Baryta today. An excellent paper! It delivers the best prints I have ever seen.

JohnBrew

Fredrick, I use the Ilford GFS in sheet form in my 17” Epson. It is excellent. IMO, the Harman is the best paper for bw, but I seldom use it as it scratches easily and does funny things when framed. But it seems to have better d-max than any other baryta paper. For my 24” Canon I use roll paper. I like the Hahnemuhle papers, but Moab is a better buy - less expensive, more paper in a roll and results are similar. I go back and forth depending on who is offering the better value at order time.
Hope this helps. John

Last edited:

Thorkil

down with garbage - Helga Lekamens alley - Stockholm

Nikon Z7 with 24-70S at 24mm and iso1400 1/20(by hand) f11 through C1pro12.0.2win

thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.