The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

while it seems to be slow sunday-mood, and just to entertain a lazy brain, while weather outside is to warm to be called winter, sun is breaking through once in a while..
but this ought to be done in a "weekly short-story outcuts"-thread or something like it, left for silly, unambitious casual pictures..
So forgiveness is presumed for noisy, unsharp highisopictures..and way too many too..

So, Friday afternoon the house got invaded by one of Irene's high-school-classes for dinner, while they will become students this summer, and Irene is cult among the pupils, and all her danish-classes about to finish insist of coming home for dinner.

So Nikolaj, our son, and I felt homeless, and decided for heading in the train (while he had to have bicycle along) for Nörreport, center of Copenhagen..

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso1250 1/40 f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

went for dinner at cafe Bankeråt (Bankrupt) which is cosy relaxed with unorthodox interior

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso12800 1/40 f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

after the well-made chickenburger Nikolaj raised for heading out in the night for videoshooting with a friend

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso12800 1/30 f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

and left the chairs open...

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso6400 1/40 f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

then these two youngsters came along asked for permission to sit - of course .. we chatted about lack of quality in modern architecture, lack of skills by architects, then camera's while the one, Christian, was video-producer (a pity Nikolaj left) and so...

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso4500 1/15 (all by free hand) f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

then these two ladies came along and asked if they could join in, in the talk, yes of course...

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso8000 1/40 f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

there seemed to be a sort of relaxed and funny mood even though Christian here looked a modest reserved

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso5000 1/15 f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

and here the mood was splendid too..

Nikon Z7 with adapted 24/1.8G at iso4000 1/15 f1.8 through C1pro12.02win

I finished my beer and headed towards the train station...

thorkil

kendo1

@Thorkil
Memories to cherish. Thanks for sharing :)

I've been chosen as head GO (group organiser) for the Beltane Fire Festival in Edinburgh this year.
Just had an open meeting today to choose the team for the event - 10 photographers and 2 videographers.
Now the fun begins!

First meeting is tomorrow night at Fire Club to see how everyone copes with fire photography.
I run the Fire Club, with a bit of help, every Monday so that fire performers can practice their skills in safety with like minded people. I play with fire too - it's addictive.
Getting older and approaching retirement (I'm semi-retired) has opened up so many opportunities and the time to do them.

dave.gt

What does one do when there is a five minute window of opportunity to shoot something, anything? In my case, I walked out onto the terrace, and saw nothing interesting and the brief moment of good light just ended with the sun dropping behind the cloud bank on the horizon.

Not to be deterred, I went inside and emerged with the D850 and decided to create this handheld snap. I like it. It confirms my bonding with the D850 and I can say with great confidence that it just works for me. It plays well, too, with the Studio's H5D-50c, both as a primary shooter and a backup.:):):)

Yellow Flower 1 FINAL.jpg

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
A couple more images reprocessed in C1 Pro 12. It's always like getting a camera upgrade every time I return to old sessions.

Watch out for Leo hiding in the grass!

Thorkil

Allow me to say Doug that your picture no. 1 of total 16 at your link, in my view is even more a treasure, strong and beautiful, and deserve to be exposed too:thumbup:
best

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.