The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

..well, it's a bit slow here at my desk, ought to work a bit, but instead you get some outcuts from Stockholm, just to feel some sort of alive in my head...
(keystone is rather overrated my remarks could be. The 24-70/4S need a bit of barrel correction at 24mm at contrary to the pincusion correction at 64mm, I've tried to persuade PhaseOne to get the Z-lenses' NEF-corrected as soon as possible, hope they will do very soon)
Brända Tomten is just a tiny square but the mood here can't be overrated, a small piece of peace on earth, and the old-fashioned café "Under Kastanjen" (Under the Chestnut tree) just fits so nice in the same mood...not the mention their chocolate cake, which just taste like...even wounded minds and body after long travel will immediately be rectified...it's all some sort of tiny, so the mind must be set to calmness and susceptibility

Nikon Z7 with 24-70/4S at iso400 1/40 f8 24mm through C1pro12.0.2

Nikon Z7 with 24-70/4S at iso140 1/30 f4 24mm through C1pro12.0.2

Nikon Z7 with 24-70/4S at iso2200 1/30 f4 24mm through C1pro12.0.2
Reflections through Jane Avril done by mighty Toulouse Lautrec at Moulin Rouge in Paris 1893

Nikon Z7 with 24-70/4S at iso1100 1/25 f4 24mm through C1pro12.0.2
Chocolate dream already all gone

thorkil

jdphoto

Here's a photo of a gentleman I met on the street. I asked him if I could take his photo and he politely said...no. He explained that such photography is intrusive and impersonal, especially in today's social media climate. I agreed. However, we continued to talk and he shared stories and adventures from his past and soon melted away any mistrust he had. As it turns out he's a writer...a really good one too. His prose was lyrical and poetic to an extant, with exquisite detail. He mentioned that he's publishing a new book and asked politely, If I would do his book jacket portrait. I agreed.
I think it's important to get to know someone a little better if you're asking to take a photo on the street. They're usually so willing to share part of their story if we just take the time to ask. We're not just taking a photo, but in fact getting something that has more depth and character that brings a meaningful sentiment to what might have been just another portrait.

Taken with a D810 /85mm 1.4G

Thorkil

Very nice and very charming portrait JD (I guess one in Denmark would not know the writers name?)
and thanks..the sun down the street was contributing with a little help..

dave.gt

Spring has sprung!

Nikon D850 50/1.8:
Tulip Pod Red Bench FINAL 2019.jpg

Note: This was an exercise in how well the 50/1.8 lens would perform with low light shade and handheld shooting. Later this week I will get around to some tripod sessions, but for now, it was enjoyable just to be out in the warm sunlight after so many days of clouds and rain. I just couldn't be bothered to fuss with the tripod.:):):)

Last edited:

dave.gt

very nice picture Dave!
What setting are you in?
best thorkil
Hi, Thorkil,

Thanks!

This was actually in the flower bed at the front of our little home. All natural light, in the shade with a hint of reflected light, so I underexposed the frame.

Just another confirmation that, simply making an image, just to see how it works, can yield serendipitous results while learning at the same time.:)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Nice, Dave:eek:
My curiosity was also which iso, aperture and shutter you used, just to image the capture-proces :)
best
Ah...thanks, it was a process from evaluating the scene, shooting, and processing. I just sent you a PM for a better explanation.:thumbup:

dave.gt

Life gets in the way of shooting sometimes. So, another from yesterday as further confirmation that the 50/1.8G lens can be used with consistent results.

Tulip Solar System FINAL 2019.jpg

Lone Red Tulip FINAL 2019.jpg

Testing so far has been with the lens wide open while shooting florals handheld... I have some portraits to process from a family gathering this past weekend to check performance in relatively low light, and I need to do some some sharpness tests as well. With a tripod.

So far, things are looking promising.:)

Last edited:

Thorkil

Ah...thanks, it was a process from evaluating the scene, shooting, and processing. I just sent you a PM for a better explanation.:thumbup:
Thanks Dave, I'll take a look..
Sometimes its nice with unconventional processing, and here you succeed very well in making it darker while the soft grains are being awaked in a delicate way and shadows becomes a new meaning and gets their own artistic life and expression. We have to take some risk's and "stepping aside" once in a while...:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.