The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Hi Bob, (nice picture!) the Z7 picture looks a bit oversaturated compared to the M10 picture I would think (and/or is the M10 picture actually a bit too pale?). This is also my own experience that one has to turn saturation and perhaps contrast a bit down in C1 with the Z7-pictures. How do you see it?
Best Thorkil

dave.gt

Old Fruit

Z7, 24-70 f/4
thanks
-bob

Leica M10 version is here https://www.getdpi.com/forum/leica/27485-fun-w-digital-m-images.html#post783898
Wonderful comparison, Bob. I love the composition and lighting.:thumbup:

Results like that confirm why I now avoid the much higher priced Leica digitals. Although I would still like one!... but will never be able to afford one.

The M and the Z are different and the Z is certainly more versatile! The user satisfaction and aesthetics certainly favor the M by lightyears. However, I think the Z, if one likes a smaller body, and EVF is way better to own and use.

I will continue to get my Leica fix with the old used ones that make obsolete images (film).:):):)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bob, (nice picture!) the Z7 picture looks a bit oversaturated compared to the M10 picture I would think (and/or is the M10 picture actually a bit too pale?). This is also my own experience that one has to turn saturation and perhaps contrast a bit down in C1 with the Z7-pictures. How do you see it?
Best Thorkil
I left them "as-in" in Capture one 12, with about a quarter stop exposure increase on the Z7 version. I found that I could get a bit of a better match by decreasing gamma by 0.09 on the Leica version, and moving saturation down by about 8 points on the Z7.
The lighting was a studio strobe filtered through a one stop silk. The exposure was set as-metered by a Sekonic incident flash meter.

My error was in not using the same lens in both shots as the M-Z adapter has not yet arrived.
thanks
-bob

dave.gt

So I've decided to do a project on the dystopian buildings in my city. All shot with the D850 and the Sigma Art 35mm. Any suggestions, comments or criticisms are welcome.

Dystopia 5 by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Dystopia 3 by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Dystopia 4 by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Hmmm... interesting series.

As a Regional and City/Town Planner in a former life, I can honestly say upon reflection that Dystopia is more real everyday... everywhere. The scale and cold environment you captured are common place.

I honestly cannot say that, after decades of university study and professional endeavors, we ever made a lasting difference. Everything is crap (to use a professional term).:banghead: But I do believe if our leaders were photographers and artists, the world would be much better. :):):)

Keep shooting!

Thorkil

..while the brain doesn't feel overwhelming sharp these days, allow me for some unsharp mood here too...

Nikon Z7 with Nikkor 50/1.2 at iso100 1/400 f1.2 through C1pro12win

thorkil

dave.gt

Commerants in west Delray Florida this afternoon
Stanley
Stanley,

I have long admired your bird portraits. Very well done, sharp and with a little bit of character of the bird showing through the ever-watchful bird's observation of your encounter. They must trust you.:)

Here, over the past decade (!?) since my bride suffered her first stroke, we have been setting up a bird feeder in the backyard. It is approximately 50' from her favorite couch to the feeder. Because of her deminished eyesight, he continues to want closeup pictures of her faithful Cardinal family but the longest lens I have for the H5 is the 80mm and the longest for the D850 is 100mm (the longest focal length of the zoom lens. Obviously, she still does not have her bird portrait. I need to work on a photo shoot set with a couple of good perches and nice backgrounds...:)

I think the art of bird portraiture will take me a minute to learn...

Thank you for your inspiring images.:thumbup:

stngoldberg

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your comments.
Cardinals are obviously colorful, but I have always had difficulty approaching them so a really long lens is necessary.
On your Hasselblad the 300mm with the 1.7 extender on a tripod might get you tight enough; although the Nikon with a 500mm focal length with a 1.4 extender would be my choice for the skittish cardinal.
I have been hand holding the 200-500mm Nikon with the extender successfully while pushing the ISO to 1000 or so to insure a shutter speed that negates camera shake in my 80 year old hands.
I see this lens for sale quite often on Fred Miranda for much less than the very reasonable price for a new one
Stanley

dave.gt

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your comments.
Cardinals are obviously colorful, but I have always had difficulty approaching them so a really long lens is necessary.
On your Hasselblad the 300mm with the 1.7 extender on a tripod might get you tight enough; although the Nikon with a 500mm focal length with a 1.4 extender would be my choice for the skittish cardinal.
I have been hand holding the 200-500mm Nikon with the extender successfully while pushing the ISO to 1000 or so to insure a shutter speed that negates camera shake in my 80 year old hands.
I see this lens for sale quite often on Fred Miranda for much less than the very reasonable price for a new one
Stanley

Stanley,

Thank you for the recommendations!:thumbup:

Are you sure you are not related to Dante?:)

That 200-500mm lens is actually a very reasonable price! I need to test drive one soon.

Thorkil

dave.gt

Thor!

Great photos, I wish I had the 200 2.0 years ago when our grandchildren were that age.:facesmack:

I have been seeking images from members on that lens and these are very nice. Thank you so much for sharing. I would be very interested in seeing more of how that lens renders for you!!!!

Beautiful subjects, beautiful photograph.:thumbup:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thor!

Great photos, I wish I had the 200 2.0 years ago when our grandchildren were that age.:facesmack:

I have been seeking images from members on that lens and these are very nice. Thank you so much for sharing. I would be very interested in seeing more of how that lens renders for you!!!!

Beautiful subjects, beautiful photograph.:thumbup:
Not to take anything away from the 200/2.0, as it does draw beautifully, but those pictures are all at f/3.2, and there are a number of beautiful 200/2.8 lenses that are a LOT smaller, lighter, and less expensive. Having said THAT, I love using an 85/1.2 at f/4, so never mind...

dave.gt

Not to take anything away from the 200/2.0, as it does draw beautifully, but those pictures are all at f/3.2, and there are a number of beautiful 200/2.8 lenses that are a LOT smaller, lighter, and less expensive. Having said THAT, I love using an 85/1.2 at f/4, so never mind...
Haha! Yes, the 200/2.0 begs, no it demands, shooting at 2.0! It was both interesting to see: how it renders at less than wide open although I would never go there:); and to admire the scenes created with bubbles. Adorable and very nice photos, wish I had thought of that when our grandkids were younger.

Hopefully, we will see some images posted at 2.0. :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.