The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

dave.gt

But Dave, then there is also the new Sigma 60-600
https://www.lenstip.com/545.4-Lens_..._mm_f_4.5-6.3_DG_OS_HSM_Image_resolution.html
while it also outperform the 200-500 specially in the long end, where the 200-500 turn weak as far as I remember..
thorkil
Thank you for the recommendation, Thorkil. Food for serious consideration!

Given the past few years following some excellent work from our friend on the forums, and the glowing reviews, the Nikon 200-500 is my choice to work toward over the coming months. The price is much lower than the Sigma and that is a huge consideration as well. Maybe only a month or so working at McDonald's to pay for it. (Oops, forgot. I cannot leave the house to work.) But you get the point that price is important.

If I can get close to the IQ as I have seen posted here, I will be quite happy.:)

Thorkil

Given the past few years following some excellent work from our friend on the forums, and the glowing reviews, the Nikon 200-500 is my choice to work toward over the coming months. The price is much lower than the Sigma and that is a huge consideration as well. Maybe only a month or so working at McDonald's to pay for it. (Oops, forgot. I cannot leave the house to work.) But you get the point that price is important.

If I can get close to the IQ as I have seen posted here, I will be quite happy.:)
:) and apart from price, Dave, perhaps the way sharpness are mixed with dreamy look are more importent than ultimate sharpnes in itself, it better has to refresh or create dreams, than make your hand reach out after the sunglasses :)

Thorkil

..and by the way, delicate pictures and bokeh at photographylife too:
https://photographylife.com/reviews/nikon-200-500mm-f5-6e-vr

dave.gt

Last night, we were finally blessed with a little rain to wash away the heavy yellow-green plague (pollen).:)

So, while taking a break from doing the laundry, I stepped outside to see what was happening in the flower beds. Water droplets are always fun but I did not have time for a tripod session or anything sophisticated.

Just for fun...

D850 50mm 1.8G:
Leaf Droplets FINAL.jpg

dave.gt

And our Clematis is ready to bloom this week.:cool:

D850 50mm/1.8:
Clematis Bud FINAL 8x8.jpg

One of these days, I will actually use the tripod. It is difficult to work in the time for that, though.

dave.gt

Simply beautiful Doug! Well done and I appreciate learning about Lupine through your sharing...!:thumbs:

Thorkil

Last night, we were finally blessed with a little rain to wash away the heavy yellow-green plague (pollen).:)

So, while taking a break from doing the laundry, I stepped outside to see what was happening in the flower beds. Water droplets are always fun but I did not have time for a tripod session or anything sophisticated.

Just for fun...

D850 50mm 1.8G:
View attachment 140707
both very beautifully made, Dave!

dave.gt

Yesterday was sunny and beautiful. I had plans to get out in the backyard at 4am to shoot the rising Milky Way.:thumbup: It didn't happen with clouds moving in by midnight and I have to wait another week or so before I can attempt an Astro Landscape scene.:thumbdown:

I waited around until half an hour before sunrise and the grey day was just becoming apparent. Ugh...

Not to be deterred... I loaded up the Hasselblad with a roll of expired 220 Ektachrome film! I had to finish this roll so I can send out a half dozen rolls to be processed. These are test rolls to see how the rest of the 200 rolls I received will turn out. Hoping for the best!!:p

So, I walked around the lake while a few guys were launching their bass boat at the dock. Geese, as usual, were noisy and everywhere. The sun was nowhere to be seen and the beautiful colors of Spring were gone, where did they go? (&%$#$*&%$*#$!) Nevertheless, it was great fun shooting the slide film and alternating with the D850.

LOL... there was absolutely nothing that caught my eye for shooting. But, it was a great time to be out walking and feeling alive!

With apologies, I will do better next time but it was a good walk...
D850 50mm 1.8:
Summergrove Lake Early April Morning 2019.jpg

stngoldberg

Yes,
Cameras are permitted during the practice rounds.
This was shot Monday during terrific weather.
It rained during the Tuesday practice round
Stanley

dave.gt

Sometimes, the skies will bring you a surprise after a long, hard day's work,

Sunset Fence Post FINAL.jpg

and then you turn around and see the clouds glowing above.

Sunset Arbor Glow 1 April 2019 FINAL.jpg

Then, you realize, that commute home through all the traffic became only a distant memory like so many others, as you lower the camera and just observe the colors and light in the sky.

Welcome home.

Status
Not open for further replies.