The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

.......Did all the right things as far as I could see.....signed in,..went to 'upload' page....'browse image'...found images in picture folder.......highlighted four images....filled in the rest of the fields on the upload page......pressed 'remit'......nothing....after 10 mins red banner saying upoad failed and go back to 'correct' probs and try again.

.....Trouble is I coul'nt find any probs to correct!

......Then I tried just one image (several times).....same result!.......hang on! tried again!

Gotone in the gallery but now how to put into a post.....?
Hey, my apologies, I am not near a computer. Are you doing this on a computer?

Until I can get back with you, be sure to downsize your images to less than 2MP and the longest size no larger than the max allowed (2500px???).

From there, I will need to follow along on the computer.

Check in with you later.:)

Bugleone

This sure aint easy!......I've now sort of managed to attach pix...but only one is in my nice new 'Getdpi gallery'.....so, we'll see

Last edited:

Bugleone

I have found the d3300 to be quite an interesting camera when one takes into account the very low price, light-weight and sheer 'useability' factor.......if you frame it and press you are going to get something thats sharp, reasonably well exposed (little over for me) and very quickly done. it even does night shots to an amazing level,.......carols around the war memorial, this pic made it into the choirs website, again completely unedited ....

Attachments

dave.gt

Yay!!! Looking good on the posts. :)

Is that an annual Austin Club meet/show? Lovely images of those examples of such a classic British car!:thumbup:

Bugleone

Actually it's just a county (Essex) club for Austin seven models only.....and yes it's a yearly happening, at the Countess of Warrick's country show in the village of Little Easton.

Thorkil

..well, the Z35/1.8S..

Nikon Z7 with Z35/1.8S at iso64 1/15(by hand) f3.2 through C1pro12.0.4win

100% crop

thorkil

dave.gt

In the meantime, glorious rain has blessed us with its presence the past few days. Now the plants, grass and flowers have a content lushness about themselves that we have not seen in months.

D850 50/1.8 G: (WB=Daylight)
View attachment 142237

D3100 50/1.8 G: (WB=Auto)
View attachment 142238
Ah... back to this previous post,

I managed to find some images from the same leisure-shoot with the D850 that are much closer to what I was hoping for. Busy day ahead so I hope to re-visit those images today and re-post this evening.

The D850 is highly-capable and if I can finesse the settings to my style of shooting and processing, I will be quite happy. The journey continues... Stay tuned!:)

Darin Marcus

Ah... back to this previous post,

I managed to find some images from the same leisure-shoot with the D850 that are much closer to what I was hoping for. Busy day ahead so I hope to re-visit those images today and re-post this evening.

The D850 is highly-capable and if I can finesse the settings to my style of shooting and processing, I will be quite happy. The journey continues... Stay tuned!:)
I probably missed it, but what software are you using for PP?

Nikon D700, AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR @ 52mm, 1/160, f5.6, ISO 800

Darin Marcus

That D700 does a great job. Sharp but soft where it is best and great colors!:thumbup:
This photo was processed entirely in Capture NX-D, starting from the current Neutral Picture Control. Normally I would export to 16bit tiff and use LR6 for the finishing touches and the resize to posting, but macOS started warning me that LR6 will not work in the next version, so I am trying to figure out how to use Capture NX-D for everything. But I can definitely see how this approach will not work for most....

Bugleone

Why?....is there a problem with NX?

...........I'm just starting to look at NX in view of my not using ANY editing prog...see pix further up the page.

Darin Marcus

Why?....is there a problem with NX?

...........I'm just starting to look at NX in view of my not using ANY editing prog...see pix further up the page.
When it comes to NEF conversion, I prefer Capture NX-D to any other software.

But for some other PP operations, Lightroom offers an easier way. For example, when saving for the web, Lightroom has one dialog which allows me to convert color space, resize the photo and do output sharpening in one step, using a simple and intuitive UI. Capture NX-D does not have that - instead you have to know what/how to do using basic operations. Right now I am trying to figure out what values to select for the standard sharpening tool (intensity, radius, threshold) to get the same results as selecting Standard sharpening for Screen in the Lightroom output dialog. I've been using that Lightroom dialog for so many years I forgot how to do it manually...

Status
Not open for further replies.