The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugleone

Oh Pieter,...PLEASE tell me they don't send that rubbish to Belgium!.......no wonder the EU wants us out without a deal,....so they can get an end to that bilge!

Thorkil

Oh Pieter,...PLEASE tell me they don't send that rubbish to Belgium!.......no wonder the EU wants us out without a deal,....so they can get an end to that bilge!
..they do so in Denmark too, and they send it not only once but 3, four or five times, so in Denmark we are all moaning that awful start tune, the sawtune, all over, when we are sleeping (makes you shivering when you are walking alone in the streets at night while the houses are moaning too:shocked:) (well, case is, the public-tv-station spend to much money on an extravagant concert hall in Copenhagen, so now they send rehearsals all the time to save money..), well but I find Midsummer Murders rather cozy (even though they all ought to be dead by now in that little village) but I prefer Morse junior while there are a tiny bit more action...and while the awful saw-tune, is a signal for Irene, my wife, to instantly fell asleep in the armchair some microseconds after (by Morse jr. it take at least some minutes more..)... :rolleyes:

Bugleone

I had no idea that Midsummer Murders had such wide coverage,.....it's not so surprising that 'The Europeans' dislike us so much!

For genuine enthusiasts for UK period drama there is a brilliant new 8 part series currently on screen here by name; 'Gentleman Jack'..the true story of Yorkshire diarist, landowner and polymath, Anne Lister. I drop everything of Sunday evenings after 'Antiques Road-Show' to watch and admire the superb production and photography!

....Meanwhile, another unobtrusive shot with 'the poor mans Leica'.....

Attachments

Thorkil

..heavy raindrops and thunder here..so what can one do else than bringing a cat and another rose..
(remember C1 has just supported all existing Z-lenses)

Nikon Z7 with Z35/1.8S at iso64 1/25 f2.8 through the updated C1pro12.1win
Piv - useless to hide from the butler

Nikon Z7 with Z35/1.8S at iso64 1/125 f11 through the updated C1pro12.1win

thorkil

Last edited:

pegelli

it's not so surprising that 'The Europeans' dislike us so much!
You're not speaking for me, I have many UK friends and they are all friendly, great to deal with and hospitable. When I visit the UK I can even say that of most people I meet. I even find "Midsomer Murders" bearable, albeit a bit shallow. :angel:

Bugleone

Yes, that was a little 'tongue in cheek' we mostly like the Belgians, Dutch and Danes it's just 'Junkers 88' and 'Tretcherous Tusks' that have angered many of us......little people who were not elected and with too much to say!

Bugleone

......."So wot sort of car is this?...there's not even a a satnav"!

Car made by Alldays & Onions Co. This maker made very few of these but were very big in blacksmithing equipement....as a youngster trying to fund my first serious camera I worked on Saturdays for the village blacksmith who had a giant reciprocating bellows behind the forge which bore the proud 'Alldays & Onions' name embossed on the huge frame along with lillies of the valley.....they made stuff 'proper' in the Victorian era.

....Another 'snap' with the formidable Nikon d3300.

Attachments

rayyan

Thanks a lot friends for the ‘ likes ‘.

We miss it so much. A few times is not enough for us, it seems.
Visiting the Nordic lands, of course.

Wouldn’t mind planning another trip there...maybe drop in on Thorkil. Jorgen, is
way east...

Thorkil

Hi Rayyan and Jørgen
You shall both be very welcome to Copenhagen!!!
Maybe we can find some "sildemadder" (heerings..on dark bread, onions and so) for you Jørgen in Nyhavn (even though it might sound a bit ordinary, but...)
or there are also some few and very rare old school places left like Cafe Sorgenfri (from around year 1882 or so)...(Café Sorgenfri)(but food is "simple" and old-school- in contrast to the new nordic advanced food-style...then one shall go to HØST (https://cofoco.dk/restauranter/hoest/), rather extraordinary and delicate tast, but not cheap - NOMA is way too expensive for me (just a poor architect, on pension in a short moment), and you have to reserve 1 year in advance)
best thorkil
(when I was young I was better to the beers though, and some few snaps (aquavit))

Last edited:

Bugleone

More 'snaps' with the redoubtable nikon d3300......Please tell me if this is getting boring!

This fine English house a few miles north of London, was built in 1668 on an older site. English manor houses have a strange quirk, that, like people, they often have a thread running through their history,....some have elegance, some darkness, some gaiety.... Salsbury Hall has clever endeavour and ingenuity in our secret history,...some VERY clever people have lived and worked here.

In 1905 the occupant was Mrs Cornwallis-West, previously Lady Randolph Churchill, nee, Jennie Jerome, American socialite, musician, benefactress, political strategist, enjoyer of young men, journalist, playwright, royal mistress and friend....and, mother of Winston Churchill. It was here during his weekly visits that she meticulously planned and forged his rise from junior MP to world statesman.

The nest incumbent was Sir Nigel Gresley a world expert on steam locos. Here he designed 'Mallard', repuputedly named after the ducks in the moat. This engine could move a train at 125mph, a record which is unbeaten still.

In 1939 as Britain was plunged into war the De Haviland aircraft Co. turned Salisbury hall into it's secret development department for project w4052........The 'wooden wonder', the 'Mosquito' aircraft.

Attachments

Bugleone

....I also started using NX-D this morning (see Salisbury Hall shot above) but only to resize.....so I shall watch your efforts with great interest!

Bugleone

The DeHaviland 'Mosquito' was designed in secret at Salisbury Hall to a simple but bold concept;....if a bomber or camera plane arrives over the warzone fast enough and high enough then there is nothing the enemy can do except look ruefully at the con trails..... The prototypes were all built in the outbuildings at the Hall and the first flights were from the surrounding fields.

The 'mosquito' would succeed brilliantly, going on to become the first true multi-role combat aircraft that was the fastest propellor driven type to serve in any theatre of WWII. The basic design originally intended to be either a light bomber, fighter/interceptor or photo recon plane went on to many different special tasks from anti ship gun platform to commercially registered 'airliner' flying VIP's to neautral countries and bringing back special ball-bearings and parts, far above the German fighters. Nearly 8000 were built and were flown by all the Commonwealth airforces and also used for photo recon by the USAAF. The bomber versions would eventually carry the same weight of bomb load as the American B-17 only faster!

80 years after it's birth the prototype is still in the outbuildings at Salisbury Hall (now the DeHaviland Museum) refinished in it's grey and yellow prototype colours........

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.