The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Something different. IR at Yates Mill park in Raleigh on the first day of summer.

Joe

vjbelle

Something different. IR at Yates Mill park in Raleigh on the first day of summer.

Joe
?

Joe..... I'm assuming that the Z6 was a converted camera.... right?

Could you please tell me how you processed the image? The only success I have ever had with any kind of IR conversion is using C1 as it has color balance that gets me into the correct range..... or does the image come out of the camera that way with your Z6 converted to monochrome and using a 720nm filter?

Thanks....... Great Image!! Mother nature sure was cooperating as nothing can move...

Victor

D

Deleted member 7792

?

Joe..... I'm assuming that the Z6 was a converted camera.... right?

Could you please tell me how you processed the image? The only success I have ever had with any kind of IR conversion is using C1 as it has color balance that gets me into the correct range..... or does the image come out of the camera that way with your Z6 converted to monochrome and using a 720nm filter?

Thanks....... Great Image!! Mother nature sure was cooperating as nothing can move...

Victor
Victor, thanks very much. It was a beautiful day with not many people around me so I was able to take my time.

The camera is an IR-converted Nikon Z6, converted to 590nm by LifePixel. For this shot, I used a Hoya 720nm filter that produces a better starting point for b&w than the 590nm Super Color conversion alone. I used the Adobe DNG Profile Editor to create a custom profile for the camera that I can then use in Adobe ACR/LR. It's described here. After importing the image into Adobe LR, I applied the custom profile. I used nik Silver Efex in Photoshop to do the b&w conversion. The entire process from start to finish took less than 5 minutes. Hope this helps.

Joe

Bugleone

The great thing about digital;.....half an hour ago this was not even a thought!....maybe it should have stayed away!

.........Knew I had a tripod somewhere, but still with the brilliant little d3300

Attachments

Last edited:

dave.gt

Sultry summer days in the South:

D850 50/1.8 G:
Blue Hydrangea June 9 FINAL D850.jpg

D3100 50/1.8 G:
Blue Hydrangea June 9 FINAL D3100.jpg

Different cameras, same lens. Different days, different light. Different processing, different results.

But the DX image yields an effective 75mm pov, that I really like.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.