The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlancasterd

It is indeed the Comet cockpit...or 'flightdeck'. When it flew 20% of London's traffic was still horse drawn, the railways were steam driven and sailing barges plied the Thames and East Coast, Ration books were essential to buy food and clothing, many Victorians were still alive and well and Nazi prisoners were being 're-educated' in camps all across The UK before being allowed back to Germany.......an incredible era of extreme contrasts.
And I was eight years old, and at primary school in Heywood…!

Thorkil

..a world between - (by my "wide-prime", the Z14-30/4S)

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at iso80 1/60 f9 15mm through C1pro12.1win
San Zeno di Montagna

thorkil

Last edited:

Bugleone

I've never really liked long lenses for landscape as they compress and change a particular view into something different....However, that last shot is spectacular and I would love to have shot it!

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I've never really liked long lenses for landscape as they compress and change a particular view into something different....However, that last shot is spectacular and I would love to have shot it!
Thank you for your kind words! I truly appreciate it.
I've never shoot landscape with 500mm before because it'd never been in my bag. This is the first lens which is light enough although the 300mm PF lens with x 1.4/1.7 TC may be more practical for backpacking.

Best

Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Nice to have you back Pramote, also with Nikon gear in your hand!
And wonderful pictures!
best Thorkil
Thank you very much my old friend!
I've never left Nikon!
I keep my head down and continue to use my trustworthy D810 although the D850 and Z7 are very tempting. Its IQ is still as good as when it first came out 5 years ago.
With the new 61mp Sony sensor, I now have a good reason to wait patiently :)
This PF lens series are very exciting! The light weight outweighs their disadvantages. I am very thrilled with the 500mm PF IQ. It's amazing, with the D810, the image is still sharp at the shutter speed of 1/20 handheld.

Best,
Pramote

Last edited:

Thorkil

Thank you very much my old friend!
I've never left Nikon!
I keep my head down and continue to use my trustworthy D810 although the D850 and Z7 are very tempting. Its IQ is still as good as when it first came out 5 years ago.
With the new 61mp Sony sensor, I now have a good reason to wait patiently :)
This PF lens series are very exciting! The light weight outweighs their disadvantages. I am very thrilled with the 500mm PF IQ. It's amazing, with the D810, the image is still sharp at the shutter speed of 1/20 handheld.

Best,
Pramote
Yes Pramote, your 500 PF certainly looks like a wonderful piece of glass!
For my part, gearwise, I'm in the modest compartment, and have to stay there for a while, so the Z7 will stay as the final goal for me right now. But I'm rather pleased with it. Still got some old glass and the Df, to return to, to explore, just like an old calm and stable friendship patiently waiting for one to get back once in a while.
best thorkil

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Yes Pramote, your 500 PF certainly looks like a wonderful piece of glass!
For my part, gearwise, I'm in the modest compartment, and have to stay there for a while, so the Z7 will stay as the final goal for me right now. But I'm rather pleased with it. Still got some old glass and the Df, to return to, to explore, just like an old calm and stable friendship patiently waiting for one to get back once in a while.
best thorkil
Same here Thorkil! I can't remember the last time I bought a Nikon lens. This 500mm PF is a special treat for our Alaska cruise next month.
I am getting old so my next Nikon camera will absolutely be mirrorless. This D810 is still a perfect DSLR for me and will be with me for a very long time.

Best regards
Pramote

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sorry for almost cutting the guy's head off. It was the first motive I could find after leaving the camera shop with the new-to-me 70-200mm f/4 :grin:

D800 with Nikkor 70-200mm f/4 @ 170mm and f/4

Status
Not open for further replies.