The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
yes, I do like the weak pastellike colours ..
Thank you. This is actually one of the reasons why I bought this camera. I hoped it would handle transitions in pastellike colours as well as the D810 that I had. So far, that looks very promissing, which is very important for cloudy days.

AlanS

Bloody hell Jorgen! That takes me back, looks just like the setup I use to use in the late 70's (except my mill was a Bridgeport which this is a clone of!) :ROTFL:

Thorkil

Nikon Z7 with Nikkor 70-200/4 at 70mm iso125 1/200 f4 through C1pro12.1win

thorkil

Last edited:

dave.gt

Excellent, Pramote.:)

Lately, I have been going away from the usual mainstream gear and your matching the 500 PF with the 7200 is really cool! You inspire me to discover yet more with different combinations of gear.:thumbup:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Excellent, Pramote.:)

Lately, I have been going away from the usual mainstream gear and your matching the 500 PF with the 7200 is really cool! You inspire me to discover yet more with different combinations of gear.:thumbup:
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your kind words!

I've had many gears. What I've discovered is that most cameras overcome my photographic ability. For example, this Nikon D7200 which I bought for my son years ago before he went to college. He is now too busy to take photographs. It's too cheap to sell so I keep it. It turns out to be an excellent camera for the 500mm PF (focal length 1050mm with X1.4 TC). This picture was printed very nicely on 17"x22".

In the past 2 weeks, I've forced myself and been using only one lens (500mm PF), nothing else, and it's very educating. I missed some pictures because of the focal length. However, I've gained a lot more. I've discovered the potential of the focal length 500-1500mm (with a combination of FX, DX and TC 1.4-2.0) for my nature and landscape photography. I am very excited as it is very new to me and opens up my new vision. I've had older 400 to 600mm Tele but I've rarely use them because they are too heavy to carry around. This system is light enough for me to carry all day in a small backpack mostly without tripods.

I've really had fun with it. I plan to add the 300mm PF (another 750 gm) to extend the focal length to 300-1500mm. And this is a prime lens, not zoom. I really have fun!

Best regards,

Happy shooting!

Pramote

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Nikon Z7 with Nikkor 70-200/4 at 70mm iso125 1/200 f4 through C1pro12.1win

thorkil
I'm trying to figure out what this building is. My first thought was Indonesia, but you haven't been there lately, have you? Is it some kind of viking era building in Denmark?

Thorkil

I'm trying to figure out what this building is. My first thought was Indonesia, but you haven't been there lately, have you? Is it some kind of viking era building in Denmark?
No, sorry Jørgen, its not a Viking-thing, but one of the deer-houses in Deergarden
While you are Norwegian you can read danish:
https://naturstyrelsen.dk/naturoplevelser/naturguider/jaegersborg-dyrehave/sevaerdigheder/
and
its the one suited east of Rådvad (no. 11), take a look at the map, when turning it 1/4 clockwise
https://naturstyrelsen.dk/media/nst/Attachments/JgersborgDyrehave_A4_111013.pdf
I need a walk today also, perhaps I should bring you another deerhouse...there are some few others you can seee at the map..

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
You got steady hands Pramote, I would else swear it would be impossible to handhold at 1.050mm !
Really super pictures!
Hi Thorkil,

The exposure was: Shutter priority, spot metering, 1/250, f/5.6, ISO 2000.
Without teleconverter, Nikon D810 with 500mm f/5.6 PF, for still image can produce sharp image at 1/20. I just tested it in my living room.
I think it's just the weight of the lens and the advance in Nikon VR technology and probably it's not me. I can't take a credit for it :)
But thanks very much for your kind words!

Best
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.