The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
No, sorry Jørgen, its not a Viking-thing, but one of the deer-houses in Deergarden
While you are Norwegian you can read danish:
https://naturstyrelsen.dk/naturoplevelser/naturguider/jaegersborg-dyrehave/sevaerdigheder/
and
its the one suited east of Rådvad (no. 11), take a look at the map, when turning it 1/4 clockwise
https://naturstyrelsen.dk/media/nst/Attachments/JgersborgDyrehave_A4_111013.pdf
I need a walk today also, perhaps I should bring you another deerhouse...there are some few others you can seee at the map..
Thanks for the clarification. It's beautifully made. I'll make a stopover in CPH on my next trip to Norway :)

dave.gt

A trial image just to see what a handheld macro would look like, so I chose to shoot a few frames of a poor deceased Dragonfly I found on the front porch.

Nikon D2x 28-105mm Macro

The camera body and lens combination has potential, so this will be a progression of macro study and hopefully, each succeeding image will improve.

Last edited:

Thorkil

Thanks for the clarification. It's beautifully made. I'll make a stopover in CPH on my next trip to Norway :)
Thanks Jørgen, please let me know, some day in advance. I'll buy you a beer at Bankeråt, or somewhere else, you just take the train from the airport to Nørreport....
I went of to Dyrehaven this evening for at long walk, they might just be rubbish, the pics, Ill see tomorrow..

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil,

The exposure was: Shutter priority, spot metering, 1/250, f/5.6, ISO 2000.
Without teleconverter, Nikon D810 with 500mm f/5.6 PF, for still image can produce sharp image at 1/20. I just tested it in my living room.
I think it's just the weight of the lens and the advance in Nikon VR technology and probably it's not me. I can't take a credit for it :)
But thanks very much for your kind words!

Best
Pramote
still impressive Pramote, I'm strugling at just 70mm.. :)

pegelli

Dave, I like how you play with light and colours in this last one.

Could be a good case study for a focus stacking experiment.

Thorkil

well..as promished to Jørgen yesterday afternoon..would you care joining for a little walk in the southern part of the Deerpark a bit north of Copenhagen..but to prevent that you all are falling asleep..this is just part 1..:p
but then..lets get the feet working, looking for some deerhouses/feedinghouses to Jørgen..
but next time one perhaps should opt for such a vehicle like this one..

Z7 with 24-70/4S at 24mm iso2000 1/50 f10 through C1pro12.1win

Z7 with 24-70/4S at 24mm iso64 1/30 f9 through C1pro12.1win

Z7 with 24-70/4S at 35mm iso64 1/40 f8 through C1pro12.1win

Z7 with 24-70/4S at 24mm iso64 1/40 f8 through C1pro12.1win

Z7 with 24-70/4S at 70mm iso64 1/60 f11 through C1pro12.1win

Z7 with 24-70/4S at 70mm iso720 1/60 f11 through C1pro12.1win

thorkil

dave.gt

Dave, I like how you play with light and colours in this last one.

Could be a good case study for a focus stacking experiment.
Yes! I agree... I still have the bug in a bag, so maybe later this week. I have never tried focus stacking.

Those fun shots showed me enough to vonfutm that I need to return to the subject matter and get serious with it. Time to learn!

Thanks!:thumbs:

Last edited:

dave.gt

Nice images, Thorkil!!

That building is very interesting and you now have me wanting to see the inside as well. It is amazing!:):):)

dave.gt

Ha!

Who needs a 50mp+ Nikon with a lens like that?:thumbs:

I would love to see what it would do on my D2x!!!

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Ha!

Who needs a 50mp+ Nikon with a lens like that?:thumbs:

I would love to see what it would do on my D2x!!!
I think megapixel game is overrated for regular-sized printing.
The only advantages to me are cropping and extra-large printing (who have many walls that big ??).
I have no doubt it will be very fine with the the D2X.

D

Deleted member 7792

...In the past 2 weeks, I've forced myself and been using only one lens (500mm PF), nothing else, and it's very educating. I missed some pictures because of the focal length. However, I've gained a lot more. I've discovered the potential of the focal length 500-1500mm (with a combination of FX, DX and TC 1.4-2.0) for my nature and landscape photography. I am very excited as it is very new to me and opens up my new vision. I've had older 400 to 600mm Tele but I've rarely use them because they are too heavy to carry around. This system is light enough for me to carry all day in a small backpack mostly without tripods.
Pramote, excellent work with the 500mm PF lens (hand held!!!). And it's good to have you back posting your work in the Nikon and Medium Format forums. From what I can gather, the 500mm PF is a rare creature, made of unobtainium, and seldom seen in the wild. I've been out of the Nikon loop for years, but recently acquired a Z7 and a couple of native Z lenses. Maybe I'll have to try this mythical 500mm PF.

Thanks for sharing your work and I wish you all the best,

Joe

Fredrick

Haven't been able to do any photography worth mentioning since early May, so when my parents asked me if I would like to come with them to "Sunnmørsalpene" I promptly agreed. The jagged, peaked mountain towers 1564 meters above the fjord, a spectacular view I hope I was able to convey in this photo.

On to the technical side. This is 14 HDR images frame averaged in photoshop to blur the water to a more "painterly" feeling. Shot with the D850 and my trusty 35mm Sigma Art.

Hjørundfjorden and Slogen by Fredrick D. Fjeldsbø, on Flickr

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote, excellent work with the 500mm PF lens (hand held!!!). And it's good to have you back posting your work in the Nikon and Medium Format forums. From what I can gather, the 500mm PF is a rare creature, made of unobtainium, and seldom seen in the wild. I've been out of the Nikon loop for years, but recently acquired a Z7 and a couple of native Z lenses. Maybe I'll have to try this mythical 500mm PF.

Thanks for sharing your work and I wish you all the best,

Joe
Thank you very much Joe for your kind words!
"The Best lens Is The One That's With You"
It is very very light!!! I can carry it all day. With 2 bodies (FX and DX), I can cover 500mm-750mm. I remember you don't like TC but with 1x1.4, 1.7 and 2, the lens can cover from 500 to 1500mm. The IQ and AF is OK with the TC x1.4, usable with X1.7 and so so to difficult on x2. I plan to get the 300mm PF so I can cover between 300 and 1500mm, handheld and can get closer. Without TC, the image is sharp (on D810) down to 1/20 handheld!!! It's a game changer for me.
It's hard to find. I was lucky getting one on FM, just in time for my Alaska cruise this month.

Best

Pramote

Swissblad

Thank you very much Joe for your kind words!
"The Best lens Is The One That's With You"
It is very very light!!! I can carry it all day. With 2 bodies (FX and DX), I can cover 500mm-750mm. I remember you don't like TC but with 1x1.4, 1.7 and 2, the lens can cover from 500 to 1500mm. The IQ and AF is OK with the TC x1.4, usable with X1.7 and so so to difficult on x2. I plan to get the 300mm PF so I can cover between 300 and 1500mm, handheld and can get closer. Without TC, the image is sharp (on D810) down to 1/20 handheld!!! It's a game changer for me.
It's hard to find. I was lucky getting one on FM, just in time for my Alaska cruise this month.

Best

Pramote
Hi Pramote

nice to see you back on the forums!
I can highly recommend the 300mm PF - it is the only lens we have a duplicate copy of - paired with the D500 - it is our favourite BIF kit.

Cheers

SB

Status
Not open for further replies.