The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Pramote

nice to see you back on the forums!
I can highly recommend the 300mm PF - it is the only lens we have a duplicate copy of - paired with the D500 - it is our favourite BIF kit.

Cheers

SB
Thank you Thorkil! I truly appreciate your friendship.
How's the D500?

Best
Pramote

Thorkil

Pulling out the old-fashioned, lovely, but a bit heavy 135/2D DC (manual AF on the Z)...

Nikon Z7 with 135/2 DC at iso 180 1/2000 f4 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 135/2 DC at iso 80 1/160 f2 through C1pro12.1win

thorkil

JohnBrew

Thorkil, thanks for posting these. I find the old manual focus lenses work much better than do the S lens in manual mode. I don’t care for the focus-by-wire system.
I am in Canada at the moment giving my Z7 it’s first test as a travel camera. I hope the camera and I develop a better relationship with continued use as so far I find it inferior to my Leica M or even my old D810 for that matter.

Thorkil

Thorkil, thanks for posting these. I find the old manual focus lenses work much better than do the S lens in manual mode. I don’t care for the focus-by-wire system.
I am in Canada at the moment giving my Z7 it’s first test as a travel camera. I hope the camera and I develop a better relationship with continued use as so far I find it inferior to my Leica M or even my old D810 for that matter.
Hi John.
If you got some funds with you I would strongly recommend getting into a Nikon store at once in Canada and buy the 24-70/2.8S, while apart from being the sharpest 24-70 zoom at all (see photographylife.com) it renders very old-fashioned, and in line with the 105 & 135 DC's and the 70-200/4G ED - I see it from pictures from Darin but also from a danish photo-friend and its very obvious to me, even though colors aren't pale, they are healthy in a soft and very delicate way - so when you get home sell the 24-70/4S while it is way more harsh in colors and contrast.
For me I still think I have come home with the Z7 (and I didn't manage to get friends with the Leica ME), it works so fine and simple for me. I haven't used the 35/1.8S and the 50/1.8S that much, so I can't really tell what I think of the colours.
While I'm retired for now, funds have sort of dried out, and my last customer cheated me for a huge amount of money, which didn't help me buying the 24-70/2.8S, but perhaps, if selling my Fuji-gear, I will definitely get it (I hope).
So I can only say, get the 24-70/2.8S as soon as possible and you will absolutely be more satisfied, and bringing your 70-200/4G with you, I would consider you as being very happy equipped...
D800's are way too heavy and big to me. But the Df is still waiting for me, but walking with the Z is just such a confident and comfortable feeling.
best thorkil

Darin Marcus

Yes Darin, as you show, the Df might still be the king and the absolute master in laid-back-color-and-contrast-rendering. Nice and very pleasing for the eye to see.
Thank you Thorkil!

Yes, the Df still has a place in the camera lineup, and I will definitely keep mine - I just need to get its sensor cleaned...

Thorkil

Thank you Thorkil!

Yes, the Df still has a place in the camera lineup, and I will definitely keep mine - I just need to get its sensor cleaned...
me too (Df sensorcleaning, I dare not do it myself, will go to the official Nikon repair workshop in Copenhagen, if I book time they will do it while waiting)

Thorkil

well..would you care for letting me take you by the hand for a short and quick walk and short hasty impression through some of the the latin quarter in Copenhagen this afternoon, unrefined, some of them hasty mood-impression-oriented hipshots, but..
and while I was seeing in the press that a danish band Vollbeat are climbing up the latter abroad...you might listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siIaaBIVbZE
while it perhaps parrellel the mood this afternoon in the latin quarter...
all done with the 14-30/4S which seems to fit as an mindextension today - all with minimal processing, to avoid spoiling the mood...

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 14mm iso10.000 1/250 f4 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 14mm iso200 1/250 f4 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 14mm iso3.600 1/250 f4 through C1pro12.1win
(at the left the anarchist member of the Love-party(!:eek:) which runs for election at the community of Copenhagen, to the right the russian waiter, so together with my photofriend Michael the goldsmith, we discussed the extremely skilled street photographer Vivian Maier, and discussed the novel Rodian Raskolnikov - also called crime and punishment written by Fjodor Dostojevskij in 1866 which everyone ought to read - until there were homecalls from the wife's...)

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 14mm iso220 1/250 f4 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 18mm iso160 1/60 f8 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 17mm iso80 1/60 f8 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 17mm iso64 1/60 f8 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 14mm iso72 1/60 f8 through C1pro12.1win

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at 16mm iso64 1/60 f4 through C1pro12.1win

thorkil

Last edited:

JohnBrew

Wow, thanks Thorkil. That band is awesome. Also the image of the Fiat Dino Spider - I had the coupe version many, many years ago. Made beautiful music @ 8000 rpm (and beyond!) but was unreliable.

Thorkil

thanks John, lucky you with a Dino-experience. Hipshots just prefocused at a distance at perhaps 2,5meter, then lens at manual, f at 8, should have gone up in speed, but somehow I also like the movements in the picture, bringing some sort of moving life into, just keeping it in front of the belly, pressing while looking at the scenery while walking (looking at a screen would slow it down, and you miss the intuitive spots). By that you avoid touching the joystick and move the single-spot unattended, I think.

dave.gt

Wow, thanks Thorkil. That band is awesome. Also the image of the Fiat Dino Spider - I had the coupe version many, many years ago. Made beautiful music @ 8000 rpm (and beyond!) but was unreliable.
Now, how many people have I personally known who had a Fiat Dino?!!!:thumbup:

Zero!

John, that is cool!!! But you already knew that!:thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Now, how many people have I personally known who had a Fiat Dino?!!!:thumbup:

Zero!

John, that is cool!!! But you already knew that!:thumbs:
+1

The only thing cooler than a Fiat Dino Coupe is a Fiat Dino Spider. Great that a Spider is roaming free in CPH. How many of those are still running? Not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.