The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Fort Pulaski Wall Breach.

Note: All of my D2H images are archived as TIFFs, however, they are on CDs and I do not have a CD reader to access them, so I am posting the jpg images instead.

Nikon D2H Nikon 70-200/2.8:

dave.gt

Two BW ones from the ride:

Urnerboden

Hoch-Ybrig
Ahhh..

Not only do I appreciate your sharing exquisite images from your ride, but also your posting a photograph of your iron steed! Reminds me so much of my BMW K1200LT which I dearly miss, but the memories are wonderful. Thanks for reminding me!:thumbs:

darr

Hi, Darr,:)

Ooops, making a correction here, it is Fort Pulaski. I haven't been back there in a very long time and if the weather will ever cool down in these parts, I am looking forward to another visit.

There are so many interesting things to see and the light is delicious... as is Savannah, just begging for a morning stroll.:thumbup: The natural light here was surprisingly beautiful even at mid-day.

:)
Dave,

If you get back to Savannah and want to head south along the coast, check out Fort Clinch on Amelia Island near Jacksonville. A great place to shoot as the few times I was there (during the week), there was no one else and I had the place to myself. Great image of Fort Pulaski!

Kind regards,
Darr

dave.gt

Dave,

If you get back to Savannah and want to head south along the coast, check out Fort Clinch on Amelia Island near Jacksonville. A great place to shoot as the few times I was there (during the week), there was no one else and I had the place to myself. Great image of Fort Pulaski!

Kind regards,
Darr
Thanks, Darr,

I appreciate the tip regarding Fort Clinch. I really do need to visit that one and many others because the old forts really are different, and the light is quite different than outside in the harsh sun. Now you have inspired me to make plans!:thumbup:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Dave,

Kind regards,
Darr
Hmmm... Gonna be in Savannah near the Thanksgiving holiday -- thanks for sharing this!
:thumbs:

Fredrick

Had a blast photographing the most amazing sunset last night. I think this is one of the better pictures I have made in quite a while. I really enjoyed using a proper wide-angle lens again, and will be selling of some gear to buy a 14-24mm of my own.

Nikon D850, Nikon 14-24mm @22mm

DougDolde

Maybe too many but every Joshua Tree is unique. I've been playing with them
backlit by the setting sun. D850, Nikkor G f1.8 20mm. Processing these demands max both shadow and highlight recovery for starters. But the dynamic range of the D850 is outstanding

COLOR-397.jpg

COLOR-398.jpg

COLOR-401.jpg

COLOR-402.jpg

COLOR-403.jpg

Fredrick

This is from my favorite location to photograph. Now that I have my own wide-angle lens again, I will be finding even more compositions of this wonderful place.

Nikon D850, Nikon 14-24 @20mm

Fredrick

Shot this from my parents porch. It's nice to see such views just outside of the house. I decided to buy the Sigma Art 20mm. What a lens. I think it's sharper than my 35mm, maybe even my 135mm. kaleidiscope.jpg

Nikon D850, Sigma Art 20mm.

dave.gt

Thanks, Matt... :)

The season is winding down in our little garden but occasionally, I see something. Then the fun begins. No tripod, no focus stacking. No HDR. Nothing but handheld shots and this time with the "obsolete" D2x which is very capable.

The sunlight is coming through the wooden fence and as usual, it is delicious. The 98°F tomorrow that day not so much.:ROTFL:

I do find peaceful satisfaction in growing our roses, and documenting their short existence that graces our lives for so little time. :thumbup:

dave.gt

Another from the D2x Archives. A jpeg only, as the TIFF files are filed away on CDs.

Soccer is a Contact Sport
Nikon D2x:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You're making me nostalgic with those D2X images, Dave. Here's an oldie from me, Dubai 24h back in 2012:

D2Xs with Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-S @ 120mm, f/3 and 1/50s

Darin Marcus

With the recently acquired AF-P 70-300mm FX, probably my last F mount lens...

Nikon D810, Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E @ 82mm, 1/80, f/5.6, ISO 200, -1.7EC

Have not yet tried the lens on the Z6.

Status
Not open for further replies.