The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilvan

Just came across this Barred Owl yesterday, while on a walk just five minutes from my home...

D500 | 300mm PF | f/4, 1/100th, ISO800

viablex1

Trying some little luma cubes etc very challenging environment to try to light etc. I need to get the cubes off of the cave floor but not with tripods or conventional stands. This one came out weird but I like it!! I am getting the bite!!

_DSC7139 by gungyduo, on Flickr

Darin Marcus

Mrs. George Washington at Mount Vernon's Fall Harvest Family Days 2019:

Nikon Z6, Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S @ 37mm, 1/40, f/2.8, ISO 200

Thorkil

Mrs. George Washington at Mount Vernon's Fall Harvest Family Days 2019:

Nikon Z6, Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S @ 37mm, 1/40, f/2.8, ISO 200
this one got exquisite colors Darin, and by that, I'm tempted to think that this lens reproduce colors and sharpness in a more refined way than the 24-70/4..so the price will thereby certainly be justified.. :thumbup:
(So you got the Z50 :)! please tell, after some time, how you feel about it!)

Darin Marcus

this one got exquisite colors Darin, and by that, I'm tempted to think that this lens reproduce colors and sharpness in a more refined way than the 24-70/4..so the price will thereby certainly be justified.. :thumbup:
It certainly is special. I believe that the ARNEO coating also helps.

(So you got the Z50 :)! please tell, after some time, how you feel about it!)
It is small enough that it fits in a small camera bag I have left from the time I “sampled” an Olympus E-PL1. The grip is excellent. I do have a small handling problem with the touch buttons on the right side of the LCD - in portrait orientation, when I try to reach the multi selector with my thumb to change the focus point I keep touching the “zoom in” button :D

The kit lens is very small, but there are consequences for that beyond the f/6.3 max aperture at 50mm... I discovered that I cannot use the mechanical shutter with it, and sure enough, the camera manual states that the mechanical shutter may not be available with certain lenses. Also, the distortion correction cannot be turned off, just like with the 24-70mm f/4.

I am still evaluating the image quality and the optical VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.