The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

well, just...nothing..

Nikon Z7 with nikkor 135/2 DC (no DC added) at iso560 1/60 f2 through C1pro12.1.4win
Swan and doorhandle

Nikon Z7 with nikkor 135/2 DC (no DC added) at iso1000 1/60 f2 through C1pro12.1.4win
Bronze & controllamp

thorkil

Last edited:

Darin Marcus

From today's stroll through Alexandria's Old Town:

Nikon Z50, Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR @ 16mm (24mm equiv.), 1/40, f/4.5, ISO 400

Darin Marcus

Tractor time! :D

Nikon Z6, Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S @ 61mm, 1/100, f/2.8, ISO 100

Nikon Z50, Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR @ 25mm (37.5mm equiv.), 1/500sec, f/4.2, ISO 100

darr

NIKON D700 + 20/2.8+ 1/80 @ f/22

--

After hearing the bad news about Nikon's camera business today, I was motivated to look at some old NEF files. Even tho I no longer shoot with a Nikon DSLR, I continue to shoot with Nikon LF lenses and I run an occasional roll of B&W film through my F3. Nikon was my first choice since the 70s, and they will remain legendary in my photographic heart.

Kind regards,
Darr

PeterA

Haven't shot with Nikon in years - but I used to enjoy using one as a walk around snap shooter - this one from a series I did with my new 'then' D200 + 15mm

pegelli

After hearing the bad news about Nikon's camera business today
What "bad" news did you hear today darr? I've heard so many times on the internet that brand X or Y is going belly up while in actual fact most of them are still around today that I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Nice shot btw. I like the "depth" you've created with the composition and letterbox crop (or croporama as some people call it).

darr

What "bad" news did you hear today darr? I've heard so many times on the internet that brand X or Y is going belly up while in actual fact most of them are still around today that I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Nice shot btw. I like the "depth" you've created with the composition and letterbox crop (or croporama as some people call it).
Hi Pieter,

Thank you for liking my image. I felt it needed the letterbox crop as the foreground although beautiful, (a hill with flowers), took too much away from the lighthouse.

The news I read about Nikon came from this article. My intention was not to pull an alarm (never want to contribute anything that may hurt future sales), just feeling the growing pains of my time in photography. Like many others, I have been a photographer for decades and have seen a few photographic manufacturers disappear (Polaroid) or diminish to a slow drizzle from their haydays. I do not think Nikon will get out of the camera business, but when Nikon publicly stated "Its Cameras Need to Justify Their Existence as a Business," that got my attention. Of course a business has to make a profit to survive, and I assumed Nikon did make a profit from their camera division. Change is inevitable, but I want to see Nikon camera not just survive, but thrive. I am being a bit sentimental and perhaps a little selfish since I am a Nikon fangirl. Forgive me. :eek:

Kind regards,
Darr

Thorkil

I think its a natural thing going on for Nikon, while heavily investing in the Z system, and spending a heavily amount of money, 3 new Z-cameras, a row of lenses to be developed, together with their other systems - to start with being too optimistic.
They don't have the marketshare like Canon, and therefore not the same sort of huge equity (hope its the right word). It will take time to get a solid and healthy position in the market with their new systems, I think.
I have almost always had a Nikon, but only in my "longer end of life", has learned to appreciate its splendid and effective way to handle much more, where previously I considered it as a sort of bit boring natural premise.
So it has become "my camera". So they have to survive :). But I'm confident and optimistic, and I recommend the splendid Z to whom I can..
:)

Thorkil

Haven't shot with Nikon in years - but I used to enjoy using one as a walk around snap shooter - this one from a series I did with my new 'then' D200 + 15mm

super splendid Peter!, the mood from more careless used cameras, where the mind has been set more free, and we help the camera to rule in its own, often unpredicted way, can often result in such dreaming "fotprints". Often I'm longing for that... :)
thorkil

PeterA

super splendid Peter!, the mood from more careless used cameras, where the mind has been set more free, and we help the camera to rule in its own, often unpredicted way, can often result in such dreaming "fotprints". Often I'm longing for that... :)
thorkil
Glad you like it Thorkil appreciate your comment ! Just use a slow shutter speed and snap away - movement is under rated in photography and one good thing about digital is we dont have to worry about the cost of each frame -:)

Thorkil

Glad you like it Thorkil appreciate your comment ! Just use a slow shutter speed and snap away - movement is under rated in photography and one good thing about digital is we dont have to worry about the cost of each frame -:)
Yes :), I have done it a lot of times..but life is often a sort epochs in a row, and somehow one often forget to jump around through previously behaviors and epochs. Don't know what it is, different moods in different times..I guess :rolleyes:
But I will get back to it, while it also feels liberating and often lead to a smiling "confrontation" with people..which can sort of jump into the heart..but sometime one has to be in the mood ("I don't give a damn"-like in the "positive-spreading" way), to go for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.