The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

An encouraging tribute to all of the Italian People, who suffers immense these hours, days, weeks and months, and where the amount of dead people just continue to go up and up, specially in the Northern Regions around Milano and east herefrom.
793 died the last 24 hours, still increasing rapidly, one can't imagine being in the middle in that unstoppable crises.
This is together with Simone and Ermano, our neighbours in San Zeno di Montagna, October 2019, at a restaurant in a castle in Bolzano

Nikon Z7 with 14-30/4S at iso 1400 1/125 f8 16mm, small crop, through C1pro20.0.3

thorkil

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nikon F80 with 85mm f/1.8 and Fuji Superia 200

There's something about film and portraits... a kind of presence that I don't see with digital. Or maybe it's just my brain.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
There's something about film and portraits... a kind of presence that I don't see with digital. Or maybe it's just my brain.
My theory about that: Film reveals contrast differentially, and I believe it's due to the effect of halation. To me it appears to have relatively higher global and micro-contrast (clarity) than native digital at the in-focus areas of the image, but then much lower global and micro-contrast in the oof areas -- and of course it feathers from one to the other in a way that is very difficult to emulate with digital processing.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
F80 with 85mm f/1.8 AF and Portra 160

This old lens, the very early 85mm AF, works very well up to 3-4 metre distance. Beyond that it's a mess. Still, it's good value for the $200 or so that I paid for it some 15 years ago :)

Darin Marcus

Getting used to working from home... lots of distractions, GetDPI included :D

Unfortunately, my favorite park closed before I could get there for the cherry blossom season, and the area around Tidal Basin in Washington DC was too crowded for comfort...
(there is still hope for one last location during this weekend, if the weather cooperates)

So I am going through my archives looking for cherry blossom photos from years past... like this one from 2009:

Nikon D40, AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR @ 55mm (82.5mm equiv.), 1/800, f/11, ISO 400

Thorkil

Entrance - Bolzano - Italy

Nikon Z7 with 14-30S at iso 2500 1/8(handheld) f11 14mm through C1ProWin 20.0.4

thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.