The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Yes Thorkil. I still have the Df.
But not being used since January 2020!

Best.
then Rayyan, promise me, or better yourself, never to part with it. It's a tresure.
If not every day, so every other day I'm longing for using it again.
Neither do I, have used for a long, long time.
The Z is putting itself in ones hand like a glove (but pictures from the Df foremost feeds my mind like cream served for a cat)
Pictures from the Z are really nice too (but braincells can be unfaithfull, but as long it's just the Df, I do forgive myself...)
I won't protest if you do engage yourself with your Df once in a while..:)
best thorkil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Apologies in advance, I suspect you're all tired of flowers, but I don't have much else to shoot right now... From today's walk, playing with the Petzval 60mm. Cam is Z7; rose @ f8, white weed @ f5.6, both processed in C1:

JohnBrew

Jack, those are just great. Happy you are able to process in C1. I would love to ditch Adobe, but just cannot “get” C1 - probably the same reason I can’t use Lightroom. I like and use Luminar as a plug in for Photoshop but no print engine keeps me from using it as a stand-alone. I should probably just buy Imageprint (or whatever it’s called) and get over it but a separate license for each printer is silly, IMO, not to mention expensive.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, those are just great. Happy you are able to process in C1. I would love to ditch Adobe, but just cannot “get” C1 - probably the same reason I can’t use Lightroom. I like and use Luminar as a plug in for Photoshop but no print engine keeps me from using it as a stand-alone. I should probably just buy Imageprint (or whatever it’s called) and get over it but a separate license for each printer is silly, IMO, not to mention expensive.
John,

Full disclosure, I still use PS too! I have some insignificant little actions I use regularly, like one that puts a 2px border around my web images; and "stroke" is not available in C1 (at least that I've found!). But all my conversion, sharpening, clarity, color, vignette, perspective corrections, crops, etc all get done in C1 now -- it just does them so easily and well. I would still print from PS as well as I like it's print management UI and ability to view and edit in the output profile, but my Epson 7900 lost a channel and I'm waiting to decide on my next LF printer, or more importantly *if* I even want to invest in that side of output again...

rayyan

Going through the archives, while staying at home, I was looking through them...
I do hope the D700 is not too distant a memory ( to be included in ' oblosete ' image thread )!!

D700, and the zf 35/2 ( obsolete too ? ).

Stay safe, stay well my friends.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My favorite flower. Found another and had to do it again. Z7, Lensbaby Twist 60 @ f4, processed in C1 and PS:

Thorkil

sorry for dust - 30 pictures stacked through C1 - Helicon Focus 7 - C1. Had to try it out..

Nikon Z7 with 50/1.8S at iso 64 1/1.6s f8 - C1-20.0.4pro

thorkil

Arne Hvaring

My last two images from Venice. I think Venice has to be one of the most photographed cities on the planet, so excuse me for the unavoidable cliches. The first image is late evening sun on the San Marco square. The last is the warm morning sun hitting the roofs of the city. Approaching the lagoon of Venice from the sea early in the morning is just magic and hard to capture in a photograph. This is my modest attempt.
I hope you have enjoyed my little series, and thank you for looking.

Cheers
Arne

Status
Not open for further replies.