The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwood

boat hull and reflection - Z7 with the Z 85 f/1.8 S
Southwest Harbor, Maine

I've been a Lightroom user for many years. I'm messing about with Capture One 20 at the moment and I'm liking the results.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Keith,

Where or how do you obtain all of the dead animals you photograph? Do you just find them in-situ laying around and photograph them, or are they posed where found, or taken back to a studio set??? Inquiring minds need to know!

KeithL

Keith,

Where or how do you obtain all of the dead animals you photograph? Do you just find them in-situ laying around and photograph them, or are they posed where found, or taken back to a studio set??? Inquiring minds need to know!
Jack, really it's a variety of sources. Some I've had for years having found them in their natural habitat or been given them by people who have done the same. Others are more recent acquisitions.

All of this series except one are 'studio set-ups' and shot in my home and garden during the Covid-19 pandemic. They are all single shot, in camera images with tweaks to tone and colour in PS.

The following is a paragraph or two taken from my website about the series.

"Much of my work celebrates light, colour and life. The series ‘Dark Times’ deviates towards the dark, the monochromatic and mortality. The work is being shot during the Covid-19 pandemic here in the UK: The darkest of times.

The aim of the series is to confront fears around the inevitability of mortality and to further explore beauty and decay.

No lives are harmed in the making of these images, including my own. Producing the series continues to be a surprisingly therapeutic process."

Pablo Picasso: "And then I understood what painting really meant. It's not an aesthetic process; it's a form of magic that interposes itself between us and the hostile universe, a means of seizing power by imposing a form on our terrors as well as on our desires. The day I understood that, I had found my path."

Last edited:

dave.gt

retreating sea, approaching fog
Acadia National Park, Maine

Z7 / Zeiss Milvus 18
Nice image that evokes memories of the retreating sea around Cardiff, Wales. This is much more picturesque.:)

It must be nice to live in Maine. We have never gotten farther North than Boston, but maybe someday...:thumbup:

darr

El Presidio Chapel

Santa Barbara, California: Nikon D200 + 18-200/3.5

--

From my first digital camera in 2006.
Clearing out old hard drives while on recharge.

dwood

Nice image that evokes memories of the retreating sea around Cardiff, Wales. This is much more picturesque.:)

It must be nice to live in Maine. We have never gotten farther North than Boston, but maybe someday...:thumbup:
Thank you , Dave! I feel fortunate to live here, and it's especially nice to have Acadia right down the road. I hope you have a chance to visit someday.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The $20 Chinese batteries work just fine. The responsiveness of the Nikon top models never seize to amase me. AF-S and one click.

D2Xs with 85mm f/1.8 AF @ f/2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.