The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Time to start a new Nikon images thread. So here goes, I'll start it off with this image.

Taken from my front steps this afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky... what you see is snow blowing off the peak in the howling winds. The summit is more than a vertical mile above where I was standing.

D3, 200-400 VRI, f10.0, ISO 200:

BenH

Lloyd, Beautiful view!

My first post here. D700 and newly arrived (yesterday) Zeiss 35mm f/2 ZF.2. I think I am going to like this lens.

Ben

Last edited:

otumay

Thank you Steve, workload and unexpected events have overcome my routines lately, not all of them unfavorable;)
Best,
Osman

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

Stunning capture of your front yard, Lloyd :thumbup:

I would have labelled the thread: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me ;)

- - - - -

Welcome aboard, Ben, I like the ZF 35mm rendering. And your tripod looks trustworthy :D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Now February.
Still the dark time here.
One more month and the light will have gained strength.
Can't wait.

click for larger

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/85mm G • 1/3 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

shtarka1

Lloyd...Killer Shot!!!
Ben welcome aboard & congrats on an incredible lens!
Steen, beautiful symmetry,color & composition!

viablex1

Time to start a new Nikon images thread. So here goes, I'll start it off with this image.

Taken from my front steps this afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky... what you see is snow blowing off the peak in the howling winds. The summit is more than a vertical mile above where I was standing.

D3, 200-400 VRI, f10.0, ISO 200:

nice shot :thumbup:

viablex1

Lloyd, Beautiful view!

My first post here. D700 and newly arrived (yesterday) Zeiss 35mm f/2 ZF.2. I think I am going to like this lens.

Ben
yes indeed and with that tripod you can mount the space shuttle on it...that thing is a whopper :)

darr

Dyrhólaey Lighthouse, Iceland

Dyrhólaey Lighthouse, Iceland | Nikon D700, 20mm

Lloyd

Ben
Great first post, Ben. Looking forward to many more. BTW, that's a hell of a tripod!!

Lloyd

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Now February.
Still the dark time here.
One more month and the light will have gained strength.
Can't wait.
Beautiful image Steen. I don't envy you your short days, ours here are bad enough. :eek:

Re: Dyrhólaey Lighthouse, Iceland

Lloyd: A very nice view from your front steps (as usual) and a great start for a new image thread (in particular). Thank you so much for both and your commitment!:thumbs::thumbs:

Dyrhólaey Lighthouse, Iceland | Nikon D700, 20mm
darr: Great toning and mood, love it very much!

In order to add some touches of color to the winterly pictures:

"Street Vendors, Segovia, Castillia y Leon, España"

D 700, 14-24 mm/2.8G @ 18 mm & f/6.3

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest.

BenH

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

The Ries tripod is a stable support for my field cameras, but I will stick to the lighter Gitzo for the D700.

Wonderful images here and on the other "Fun With..." threads.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.