The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikkor vs Carl Zeiss - DxOMark -

bowlachili

Anyone remember the old testing done by Popular Photo and Modern Photo magazines? Leica and high end (expensive) lenses usually never tested well, but (cheap) Sigma, Tamron, and other third party lenses--well those were genuine diamonds! I didn't understand the huge cost of Leica over Sigma, until, of course, I actually used a Leica.

Test results can be skewed by changing the parameters to construct a "winner" (see the recent D7000/60D reviews in aforesaid magazine). BTW, I'd love to use Zeiss, but I really like AF, especially in Nikon's pro bodies, and modern bodies are just not optimized for MF.

Last edited:

aboudd

+1 to Rayyan

The attached shot was done with the Zeiss 85MM 1.4 ZF.2 yesterday (3/26/11). As we say in Hebrew "Bokeh Tov."

Last edited: