The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which cord

F

Froggy

Hi there,

Just wanted to know which cord you would advise on.

Camera is set on the tripod, dont want to touch camera as, doing macro shoots.

regards

Froggy

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Froggy
Another possibility for avoiding camera shake when doing macro photography on a tripod is Self timer (e.g. set to 2 or 5 seconds) in combination with Exposure delay mode which on my D300 camera is menu item d9 under the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
The exposure delay mode delays the exposure to one second after the mirror has flipped up, in that way avoiding camera shake from the mirror slap.

But it depends on whether your camera model has this feature. Which camera model do you use ?

For shutter release on a distance I use a third party Wireless Remote Control, but I cannot recommend that model.
Today I would buy the genuine Nikon one, or just a cord as you suggest yourself.
Via Google or on eBay you can make a search on Nikon Remote Cable Release + your Camera model name ... and another search on Nikon Wireless Remote Control + your Camera model name.