The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sila & Cyclon in concert - D3 pics

vieri

Turkish pop-star Sila during the launch concert of her new album with the Colombian group Cyclon.

All images with the D3 & 70-200 VR, f2.8 or thereabouts, ISO 3200 - gotta love this combo for concert work!

More on my pbase gallery http://www.pbase.com/vieripbase/sila_260408.

C&C as always are very welcome.

jonoslack

Very nice Vieri
I especially like that first shot. I'm off to see Crowded House in a forest tomorrow, but I suspect I may need a telescope rather than a telephoto!

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Vieri,
What a nice series. I'm getting excited for the D700 arrival!
Very nice Vieri
I especially like that first shot.
What Terry and Jono said! Excellent pictures, the quality at ISO 3200 is almost unbelievable, except the evidence is there for us all to see. As you say, the D3/70-200 combo must be pretty much ideal for concert pix.

For me, like Terry I guess, that wonderful D3 sensor -- with its big, juicy, light-sucking 8.45µm pixels -- in a smaller body is a dream come true.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Damn need to stop this, may cost me real money here. LOL

Seriously though I may go for a D700 with this sensor

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Waiting waiting for the D700 or other announcements. I still have the D300 and a 180mm plus a borrowed 24-70 which I have to return next week in NY.

I'm buying something really crazy today , it came in and now have to pay. This one is taking me a little beyond my experimental stage bordering more on insanity. Will reveal later this week how freaking crazy i really am.

vieri

Vieri,
What a nice series. I'm getting excited for the D700 arrival!
Thank you Terry! The D700 will be fantastic & smaller for those who need a smaller package; me - I am so happy with the D3, that's all I need in a DSLR (and a D300 for those longer shots & 10.5 shots...) :D

Very nice Vieri
I especially like that first shot. I'm off to see Crowded House in a forest tomorrow, but I suspect I may need a telescope rather than a telephoto!
Thank you very much Jono, glad you enjoyed them :D a forest? You'd need a chainsaw before a telescope I guess :ROTFL:

What Terry and Jono said! Excellent pictures, the quality at ISO 3200 is almost unbelievable, except the evidence is there for us all to see. As you say, the D3/70-200 combo must be pretty much ideal for concert pix.

For me, like Terry I guess, that wonderful D3 sensor -- with its big, juicy, light-sucking 8.45µm pixels -- in a smaller body is a dream come true.
Jonathon, as you said, the D3's files at high ISO need to be seen to be believed... :D and the D3 + 70-200 is my stage photography dream come true :rolleyes: the D700 will have I assume the same kind of behavior in a smaller & lighter package, so there you go :D

Awesome as before, Vieri!
Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed :D

Damn need to stop this, may cost me real money here. LOL

Seriously though I may go for a D700 with this sensor
Oh yeah Guy, get that credit card ready - the D700 is coming! :D

Why on earth wouldn't you?
after all Guy, your MF can do most things, but not 6400 ISO with an f1.4 lens!
Indeed :D

Waiting waiting for the D700 or other announcements. I still have the D300 and a 180mm plus a borrowed 24-70 which I have to return next week in NY.

I'm buying something really crazy today , it came in and now have to pay. This one is taking me a little beyond my experimental stage bordering more on insanity. Will reveal later this week how freaking crazy i really am.
I think the D700 will be great if you don't need a vertical grip. I do prefer the D3's form factor, but I understand how size & weight might be a concern for some, so there you go: Nikon took care of your needs and... your credit card too :ROTFL:

P

Player

Spectacular!

I'm having a severe case of D3 envy, but I'm not taking anything away from the photographer. Great work!

I thought NAS was bad enough, but this D3 envy is way more painful. ;)

Congrats!

vieri

Spectacular!

I'm having a severe case of D3 envy, but I'm not taking anything away from the photographer. Great work!

I thought NAS was bad enough, but this D3 envy is way more painful. ;)

Congrats!
Thank you Player, I am glad you enjoyed :D The D3 is really wonderful for this kind of work and a pleasure to use :D as far as your envy, hmm well I hear Jono is selling one... ;)