Site Sponsors

Thread: Manual Focus Lens for D7000 or E-P2?

Post Thanks / Like

Manual Focus Lens for D7000 or E-P2?

I'd appreciate some advice ....

I'd like to buy a manual focus lens for either my E-P2 or my Nikon D7000, I'm just not sure which direction to go. If I go with the D7000, I will go with the Zeiss Planar 50mm. If I go in the MFT direction, I'll likely go with a Voigtlander although a used Zuiko would be an affordable alternative.

Does anyone have any opinions or recommendations?

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Manual Focus Lens for D7000 or E-P2?

For m4/3 there are zillions of alternatives. I use an OM Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 that I bought new in box a year ago for nearly nothing. It's as good as I'll ever need a "normal" lens to be, as long as I can live with f/2.8 as the largest aperture.

Quote Originally Posted by gmack View Post
    I'd appreciate some advice ....

I'd like to buy a manual focus lens for either my E-P2 or my Nikon D7000, I'm just not sure which direction to go. If I go with the D7000, I will go with the Zeiss Planar 50mm. If I go in the MFT direction, I'll likely go with a Voigtlander although a used Zuiko would be an affordable alternative.

Does anyone have any opinions or recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manual Focus Lens for D7000 or E-P2?

You really need to give more info to get feedback?

By saying 50mm,you suggest a normal lens is what you seek. On the EP-1 though, it will act as a great, perhaps oversharp, portrait lens. You can always degrade with a filter or two. The whole point of m4/3 is compactness and cheap manual lenses. By using only the centre of 135 format lenses, the sharpness of the lens is near the Zuiko D quality.

If I suggest a 50mm c mount lens it can only be used on the Nikon as an extreme macro!

Having one lens usable on two sensor formats is another prime purpose of the m4/3 or does it come under compactness? Thew c mount can be very fast and still relatively cheap?