Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: And Nikon launches a Mirrorless....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: And Nikon launches a Mirrorless....

Quote Originally Posted by dick View Post
    The Nikon 1 is available in the UK now from Jacobs, if you want to pay the price of a GH2 for something half as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    depends on what lenses and what system you use. I know from what I've seen usability and controls aren't the strong point of the current cameras but there are people that adding the Nikon makes more sense than adding the GH2 and starting from scratch on lenses.
    When lenses are £3,000 each or £20k for a set, the cost of lenses is a significant factor, but not for the GH2.

I can use my old film Nikon mount lenses on the GH2, and my newest Nikon body is the FM...

¿do Nikon have anything in the same league as the 20mm f1.7?

¿have you seen the Nikon 1 sample video on the Jacobs web site?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Peter,
    I don't have one solution, I have many. Cameras are the ultimate food substitutes

As mentioned above, I'm not likely to leave m4/3 (it's an ideal system for motor sports among other things), and I'm even getting some 4/3 gear for when I need/feel for an optical viewfinder. So far, I have a couple of excellent 4/3 lenses and one body, and another body and a lens more is hopefully very close. Unfortunately, my E-5 fund disappeared into an F6 the other day, but who knows what the future brings...
    Well,

I am pretty close to sell my E5 with SHG glass, so that seems to be the future for me.

Too much disappointment Olympus to let the E system die and on the other side not even follow up appropriately with the m43 system, Panasonic currently already light years ahead.

Seems for me that I have had enough of Olympus marketing

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dick View Post
    When lenses are £3,000 each or £20k for a set, the cost of lenses is a significant factor, but not for the GH2.

I can use my old film Nikon mount lenses on the GH2, and my newest Nikon body is the FM...

¿do Nikon have anything in the same league as the 20mm f1.7?

¿have you seen the Nikon 1 sample video on the Jacobs web site?
    Nobody is right or wrong here. For instance, I could care less if any of these camera even had a video function. So, to me comparing the video features is meaningless.

That just leads me back to the point I made before. Technically, you could say the GH2 is a more complete camera but that doesn't mean it is the right solution for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Nobody is right or wrong here. For instance, I could care less if any of these camera even had a video function. So, to me comparing the video features is meaningless.

That just leads me back to the point I made before. Technically, you could say the GH2 is a more complete camera but that doesn't mean it is the right solution for everyone.
    +1

Peter