The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon V1 test shots are up on DPReview...

bradhusick

and the JPEGs are a smeary mess compared to Sony NEX-5N and micro-4/3 cameras.

The RAW files do hold up nicely to the competition (but only below ISO 800)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The lens seem to have a decentering defect. The upper left corner, including the top of the Martini bottle, is all blurry. I also wonder why they have tested it with the kit zoom, while most of their studio tests are done with primes. If it's lack of a lens or an adapter, they should have waited. That lens must have been shot more or less wide open for these photos. I'm increasingly under the impression that the staff at dpr is under pressure to deliver new material before it's really ready. Maybe the sale to Amazon wasn't such a hot idea after all...

I think the camera follows its bigger competitors surprisingly well. I never expected it to be the high ISO champion, but the shadows seems to be as clean as m4/3 at ISO 1600. If the build quality is good, and I'm under the impression that it is, it will be an interesting option for second camera when carrying a Nikon DSLR (or first camera to carry everywhere).