The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NPS UK?

Ben Rubinstein

Does anyone have details about NPS in the UK? I'm used to CPS service here, 3 day turnaround, etc, wondered what NPS is like and what the criteria and ease of joining is like for this pro wedding photog.

DavidL

I have found them to be excellent. I have been down to their headquarters to sort something out and it was done while I waited. You have to book in advance, I don't think you can just turn up but a phone call is all that is needed. While I was there another photographer came in with a D3 issue which couldn't be sorted that afternoon so they arranged a loan camera.
They have an exclusive dept. for NPS photographers and I went to a product road show last week which was a good day. They keep in touch offer preferential help for supply and support to NPS card holders.
It's easy to join, well it was for me, initially I had an NPU card and they contacted me to say I could upgrade to NPS. You have to have two Pro bodies and two Pro lenses, as I remember. You also have to prove your a working Pro but you obviously are so that shouldn't be a problem. "NPU" is Nikon Professional User which is a lesser program for owners of Pro gear who aren't working Pro's.
I was a CPS user but that was 5 years back and they went through a bad time, moving locations and putting the dept under a different set up. No idea what they are like now but back then they had problems which have hopefully been sorted.
I may sound like a Nikon rep. but I'm not.
David