The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800

Lars

Announcement should come in a few hours, Nikon Brazil already leaked and unleaked the press release. 36 Mpx seems certain.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Great, was worth waiting!

Seems to be sillier size and ergonomics as the D7000, which is also more than welcome!

Will be soon my main shooting device ;)

Peter

danielmoore

I guess this is where we find out how good our lenses are. I can see their repair facilities getting inundated with both lens and body re-alignment requests. Tonight I sacrifice my 55mm f/2.8 micro to the gods of Tolerances and Precision, I just hope that's enough to placate them.

Lars

At the very least, it should send some lens designers back to the drawing board again - which is good for us photographers.

ustein

Contributing Editor
The D800E without AA filter maybe really interesting.

Video may also be very interesting. As I understand it can be also be used in 1.5X mode. This means you need fewer lenses.

etrigan63

Yes, the 800E seems very appealing. The DX mode is now useful. If the lowlight is like the D7000 then this would be very useful to me shooting ballet. Hopefully the shutter won't sound like a .38 being fired.

dmeckert

WANT

the timing couldn't be worse.

i'm closing on a house in the next couple weeks...and they get all kinds of persnickety about making large purchases before closing. the worst part, is that i actually have sufficient cash to do both right now. LAME

of course, it would mean unloading the d700, but that ought to be easy as pie.

i would love to see what the 85/1.4G does on this beast. i bet it's jaw-dropping.

etrigan63

I am wondering if the moire and false color effects they mentioned can be mitigated in post. Lightroom/Aperture/AfterShot Pro?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The D800E it seems to be!

Cannot wait to get one and see how it performs. Great news WRT lenses is, that I almost start from scratch, so I hopefully can choose the ones which perform.