Site Sponsors
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What Lenses for the D800?

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: What Lenses for the D800?

So far the 180 is doing a good job. You will have to AF fine tune it but it is really good at F4 going down. 2.8 is good but that extra stop helps. I need to get back out again to get some decent images to post but so far it's doing a great job and easy to find used at like a 650 dollar price. Which is a nice break after buying the 35,85 and 14-24. It may not match the 70 -200 which I have not had a chance to compare the two side by side but it is good.

I actually thought about renting the 70 -200 for a day to test it out
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guy,

I would really try the 70-200 VR2! I had both lenses (of course on prior DSLRs from Nikon) and I was never really happy with the 180 but liked already the 70-200 VR1 and was very satisfied with my copy of the 70-200 VR2.

Too bad I sold all my Nikon glass 2 years ago so I have to reinvest again from the scratch here

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    So far the 180 is doing a good job. You will have to AF fine tune it but it is really good at F4 going down. 2.8 is good but that extra stop helps. I need to get back out again to get some decent images to post but so far it's doing a great job and easy to find used at like a 650 dollar price. Which is a nice break after buying the 35,85 and 14-24. It may not match the 70 -200 which I have not had a chance to compare the two side by side but it is good.

I actually thought about renting the 70 -200 for a day to test it out
    I would love the 70-200 VR II of my collection. But 3000 usd camera, and the 24-70 2.8 kinda empty the bank account ..

So looking for cheaper in the 150 to 200 mm range, 180/2.8 may be the solution for an AF lens. Or maybe the sigma 150/2.8 with OS.

Otherwise I have to test all my old manual primes. Leitax converted Zeiss 28/2.8 - 50/1.4, Leica Summicorn 90/2 and a 180/3.4 APO Telyt .. ) gonna be fun .. hope some of them will survive and abel to pull pixels out of the 36 MP sensor ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Guy,

I would really try the 70-200 VR2! I had both lenses (of course on prior DSLRs from Nikon) and I was never really happy with the 180 but liked already the 70-200 VR1 and was very satisfied with my copy of the 70-200 VR2.

Too bad I sold all my Nikon glass 2 years ago so I have to reinvest again from the scratch here

Peter
    Would be glad to see some examples here when you grab it.

I'd check your website and

Envy you a bit the vision you have in your backyard, flat Denmark offer unfortunately not that kind of opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by innerimager View Post
    I too love that Zeiss 50/2 MP and expect it will be the lens cap of my 800E. I am holding out hope that my beloved 105/2 DC will hold up and be my main lens in this range. I guess the nikon 105 VR will be on a short list otherwise, though the Zeiss 100/2 MP is really sweet.

BTW - For CA correction, C1 is highly recommended as a raw converter, it handles this problem extremely well. best...Peter
    I´m still trying to decide which the better lens to use with the D800e are.
    I am a passionate and -part time- professional photographer (just because I like it). I usually work in discotheques with my Canon 7d (15-85), and develop my own art work with that camera and with a Pentax 67 II and its fabulous lenses (I have recently been working about townhouses and multifamily buildings). Sometimes I need 1 meters prints (and sometimes bigger) for galleries.
    I´ve decided to replace both cameras with the new Nikon D800e. I have been reading a lot about this issue on the Internet (and most of your notes). I have a 50 1.8D and I could spend no more than 3k in lenses. I need to cover from a wide angle to a short tele.
    I think the 105 2.8G, would be the best option to cover the short tele area. I used to thought the combination between my 50 1.8d and the 24-70g (discotheques, travels, and kids) would be a good option to cover the wide/normal areas.
    I understand some of you are not so sure about the 24-70 with the d800e (24, sharp, etc), so I`m a little disoriented about what could be the lenses for my needs and wallet.
    Maybe the 14-24 (or 24g), 50 and 105g? I´m not sure if I could be comfortable without a short zoom in my bag.
    I`d really appreciate you advices.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    I am a passionate and -part time- professional photographer (just because I like it). I usually work in discotheques with my Canon 7d (15-85), and develop my own art work with that camera and with a Pentax 67 II and its fabulous lenses (I have recently been working about townhouses and multifamily buildings). Sometimes I need 1 meters prints (and sometimes bigger) for galleries.
    I´ve decided to replace both cameras with the new Nikon D800e. I have been reading a lot about this issue on the Internet (and most of your notes). I have a 50 1.8D and I could spend no more than 3k in lenses. I need to cover from a wide angle to a short tele.
    I think the 105 2.8G, would be the best option to cover the short tele area. I used to thought the combination between my 50 1.8d and the 24-70g (discotheques, travels, and kids) would be a good option to cover the wide/normal areas.
    I understand some of you are not so sure about the 24-70 with the d800e (24, sharp, etc), so I`m a little disoriented about what could be the lenses for my needs and wallet.
    Maybe the 14-24 (or 24g), 50 and 105g? I´m not sure if I could be comfortable without a short zoom in my bag.
    Lots of good suggestions can be made (and most certainly will), but permit me to throw one out there that might enable you to keep your current lenses and address your budget. No one can say with any certainty at this point how the Nikon 24-70 will perform with the D800E, until that camera is released and tested. A 16-35 or 17-35 along with a 50mm and a short telezoom would be a good spread. The 16-35 f4 VR I suspect will be a competent performer on the D800E but has excessive distortion at its wide end which may or may not be an issue in post processing, depending on subjects shot and subject distances. I haven't yet tested the venerable Nikon17-35mm f2.8 on the D800/D800E, but my gut feeling is corners to say the least at 17-20mm with the zoom might be an issue until well stopped down. The Tokina 17-35 f4 is an unknown and untested as far as I know on the D800 but will fit into most individuals budget. Tokina's 16-28 f2.8 won't be adaquate in the sides/corners, as it wasn't when I tested it on a D700/D3S. The zooms on the D800/D800E are sort of a wild card until further testing.

Lastly if you think you would use the wide range Nikon 14-24mm f2.8, you could combine that with a fast 35mm f1.4 and use your 50mm f1.8 and 105 G lens..which might just about be covered with your budget unless of course you decide to sell your 24-70 f2.8 lens. The gap between 24mm and 50mm is sometimes a bit too wide for many shooters, and therefore filling in that gap is essential.

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 12th April 2012 at 13:42.

Post Thanks / Like

Any read this guy ? Some time he takes a lot of beating, Im not qualified for be the Judge On this - any opinion on this ?

Drew from Lensrental

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

>Any read this guy ? Some time he takes a lot of beating, Im not qualified for be the Judge On this

What are you talking about (context)?
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some of his tests sound good like the 85g and 35g which I own. One issue is on zooms he has not tested the whole range of focal lengths but picked just one to test so that seems up in the air a little.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

I post a link to his page, but don't think it's accepted..

But he runs test on lenses on D800 to test resolution

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSEH View Post
    I post a link to his page, but don't think it's accepted..

But he runs test on lenses on D800 to test resolution
    Found the link :-)

I mostly use photozone.de but they used D3X:

Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D (FX) - Review / Test Report - Sample Images & Verdict
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post

And DxOmark when they start testing lenses on D800 senor, but still in It's early days.

Post Thanks / Like

I like photozone. In my own non-scientific testing I get results that are in good agreement--- at least most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark1958 View Post
    I like photozone. In my own non-scientific testing I get results that are in good agreement--- at least most of the time.
    I agree that the photo zone makes some very competent test. But sometimes I miss Test on Full Frame sensors.

And in the end, it the eye of the beholder to determine what works best.

But my D800 is once again gone on backorder, I have nothing else to do than to read about it ..

Post Thanks / Like

>One issue is on zooms he has not tested the whole range of focal lengths but picked just one to test so that seems up in the air a little.

Even more to summarize a lens in one or two numbers does not work.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like

>One issue is on zooms he has not tested the whole range of focal lengths but picked just one to test so that seems up in the air a little.

Even more to summarize a lens in one or two numbers does not work.

Ok, so it only indicates the potential for each objective in relation to exploit D800s sensor. And only useful in relation to the prime, not zoom.

So there's even more need for feedback from those who here has the opportunity to try lenses on the D800.

THANKS .....
    If anyone has access to lenses for 150 - 200 to test, it would be nice to hear about it, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

>Ok, so it only indicates the potential for each objective in relation to exploit D800s sensor

But there are center, corners and extreme corners. The we have f-stop and focal length. Too much for one number I think.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Lots of good suggestions can be made (and most certainly will), but permit me to throw one out there that might enable you to keep your current lenses and address your budget. No one can say with any certainty at this point how the Nikon 24-70 will perform with the D800E, until that camera is released and tested. A 16-35 or 17-35 along with a 50mm and a short telezoom would be a good spread. The 16-35 f4 VR I suspect will be a competent performer on the D800E but has excessive distortion at its wide end which may or may not be an issue in post processing, depending on subjects shot and subject distances. I haven't yet tested the venerable Nikon17-35mm f2.8 on the D800/D800E, but my gut feeling is corners to say the least at 17-20mm with the zoom might be an issue until well stopped down. The Tokina 17-35 f4 is an unknown and untested as far as I know on the D800 but will fit into most individuals budget. Tokina's 16-28 f2.8 won't be adaquate in the sides/corners, as it wasn't when I tested it on a D700/D3S. The zooms on the D800/D800E are sort of a wild card until further testing.

Lastly if you think you would use the wide range Nikon 14-24mm f2.8, you could combine that with a fast 35mm f1.4 and use your 50mm f1.8 and 105 G lens..which might just about be covered with your budget unless of course you decide to sell your 24-70 f2.8 lens. The gap between 24mm and 50mm is sometimes a bit too wide for many shooters, and therefore filling in that gap is essential.

Dave (D&A)
    Dave,
    thank you very much. It could be a good idea to wait a little more to decide about the lenses.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

>Ok, so it only indicates the potential for each objective in relation to exploit D800s sensor

But there are center, corners and extreme corners. The we have f-stop and focal length. Too much for one number I think.

Absolutely Uwe...all that and also throw into the mix, various subject distances such as close range, mid-distance and infinity (at various f-stops). Its surprising how some lenses at infinity are excellent, even when shot at their more open apertures, but are mediocre in performance at closer range (except for the center of the frame) and require stopping down extensively to achieve more than acceptable performance across the entire frame. It's a common phenominon with many lenses.

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 12th April 2012 at 20:02.

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a nice condition AF-D 70-210/4-5.6 for all of $115. Not because I can't afford a 70-200 VRII (in fact I was buying one in a sale that fell through because the seller wouldn't guarantee it's a good copy) but because I want a small lens at this range I can drop in my bag. Krockwell seems to think it's optically comparable to the 80-200 AF-S, so can't be completely dysmal. I'll probably also pick up an AF-D 20/2.8 to drop in the bag (or a pocket) when I don't want to carry a wide zoom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Brittenson View Post
    I got a nice condition AF-D 70-210/4-5.6 for all of $115. Not because I can't afford a 70-200 VRII (in fact I was buying one in a sale that fell through because the seller wouldn't guarantee it's a good copy) but because I want a small lens at this range I can drop in my bag. Krockwell seems to think it's optically comparable to the 80-200 AF-S, so can't be completely dysmal. I'll probably also pick up an AF-D 20/2.8 to drop in the bag (or a pocket) when I don't want to carry a wide zoom.
    I dunno if it is just me, but I had upgraded from the old 80-200 to the VRII 70-200mm, and the improvements were instant gratifications. The VR was the first thing you'll notice shooting any tele without a tripod in average light conditions, and will tell you how important this is, but I think you already know this. However, with the newer coatings, the images will have a different look altogether, you could say this is a subjective thing, although the quality are pretty obvious. AF-C on the lens when I used it with my D700 was extremely fast and accurate. Either way, the 80-200 is well received in the used market still, so not a huge problem when you make the step. Although a far cry from the $115 you just paid
    Just my thoughts!

Po

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, could well be it's not so great. But then again I'd probably mostly be shooting f/8 and down on a tripod, bean bag, or some impromptu support so it's not a complete impossibility that I'll find it perfectly acceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

Another twist to this is that 'better' is a relative thing too! If you're not comparing and you are happy with the lens, there's no need for a more expensive lens, pocket the difference and enjoy some nice nights dining out!

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got myself a near-mint AIS 105/2.5 as well. Should be a fine lens on the D800E due to its lower need for contrast to punch through an AA filter.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like much lens testing. But I check some lenses today with LensAlign:

60mm Makro: 0
    105mm Macro: 0
    24-120mm: 0

but my old 28-70mm (2001) needed +12.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the AF-D 70-210/4-5.6. This thing is incredibly compact, like the AI-S 80/1.4 but twice as long. Built like an AI-S lens, so feels super solid.

Focus is whirry (gearing?) and the focus ring, well it's fine but you can feel the gears turning.

I tend to hate push-pull zooms, but this is one of the better I've ever used; no droop, and it stays put as set. Still, I'd prefer a ring, but I can live with it.

On the D7000:

Focus checks out perfect.

Wide open it's soft, everywhere and anywhere. Not useable in my book.
    Stopped down to f/8 it has improved dramatically and might have some uses. A little bit of fringing remains and edges are ever so slightly soft. It's very even across the field.
    At f/11 all signs of fringing are completely gone and it's crisp and super sharp.
    f/16 - same as f/11
    f/22 - global contrast loss due to diffraction, fine detail is about the same as at f/8, and there's no fringing visible. I'd use this in a pinch for DoF.

So... a perfect small lens to use with a compact hiking/climbing kit with a small light CF tripod and Acratech ballhead. Given at f/11 it's crisp out to the corners I think it may turn out quite well on FX as well. (I'd never get this lens for the D7000... the camera lacks the image real estate for landscape/stills and the lens isn't suited for highly dynamic scenes.)

It's somewhat prone to veiling flare so needs a shade. The Nikon one is a 62mm screw-in metal hood that's shared with a few other lenses.

So... so far so good. It'll be interesting to see the edges and corners on the D800.

Post Thanks / Like

>Given at f/11 it's crisp out to the corners

Would avoid to use D800 at F/11.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Diffraction could be certainly a issue. We should all be checking that too set up a tripod and focus on some print or something of that nature and run the aperture ring from open to about F16 most likely 5.6 and or F 8 will be optimum on most lenses but watch F11 and see if it starts to degrade at 100 percent view and find out on each lens your limits. So in the field you won't blow it by going to far when it counts.

Post Thanks / Like

>most likely 5.6 and or F 8

Yes and you may especially lose the D800E advantage.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Exactly Uwe those lovely 36mpx non AA filter may just turn to mush

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Exactly Uwe those lovely 36mpx non AA filter may just turn to mush
    Very, very likely
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The D7000 has the same pixel pitch D800, so the same lens on the D800 will perform exactly the same within the same crop area.

Here's the center areaof the AF-D 70-210/4-5.6, on the D7000. 200mm at 2m, f/16.

I don't see it greatly degraded, do you? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, not theory. When the model doesn't match reality the model is wrong.

At f/22 diffraction begins to set in.

And at f/32 it's overwhelming.

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And, for good measure, here's a crop from 200mm @ 5m, f/16 since the print above is easily outresolved by the camera. Maybe it looks "diffraction limited" to you, but I'll take this any day of the week. It's good enough for me and my uses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

diffraction - a digression

(...) I don't see it greatly degraded, do you? (...)

Compared to what, Jan ?
    I don't see it "greatly degraded" because you do not show any wider aperture than f/16.
    If you had shown us an f/8 illustration, I would definitely expect f/8 to render visibly sharper in the finest details in the focus plane.

My personal experience has always coincided quite well with the theory, and I have never been able to figure out why you (and others) declare the theory pure nonsense ?
    Like e.g. in your post # 44 in this thread: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/nikon/...tml#post401447

There's actually nothing really new about diffraction, it worked the same way in the old days with film (though it probably gets more attention today with the easy access to 100 % screen view).

(...) Maybe it looks "diffraction limited" to you, but I'll take this any day of the week. It's good enough for me and my uses.

In my opinion diffraction does not mean we should stop using small apertures like f/11, f/16 and f/22 when we want to gain a lot of DOF.
    It just means we should be aware that at some point the increased DOF at the same time means decreased sharpness in the details in the focus plane.
    And thus it's just a compromise.

All the above is just my 0.02 understanding of the subject so please correct me if I am totally wrong on this, and please explain why (maybe in a separate thread about diffraction).
    And if you can point me to a better (but still understandable) explanation and a better diffraction calculator than provided by Cambridge In Colour, I'd be grateful.
    I'm always prepared to learn more.

A specific diffraction discussion and tutorial thread would be most welcome, if anyone would dare start it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

what Lenses - Voigtländer Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL II Aspherical

Here's a snap just so that we do not forget this little compact, cheap, ultrawide, manual focus optic, the Voigtländer Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL II Aspherical (weight: ~200 g)

By this I do not mean to actually recommend the lens, I just thought I would mention it so that we do not forget it as an affordable, ultrawide manual focus option.

The original file shows some lateral chromatic aberration here, even at f/8 (see the downloadable RAW file), but it was nicely corrected in Lightroom 4 with a single tick in a check box.

I'm impressed by Lightroom's CA correction feature, it really does an amazing job.

In the post processing I also pulled some details out of the shadows.

Link to the RAW file

80A_0574_Voigtlander_20mm_SLII.NEF

click for native sized jpeg (16.8 Mb)

Nikon D800 • Voigtländer 3.5/20mm SLII • 1/160 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4

Post Thanks / Like

Steen, thanks for the file. Looks like a pretty decent lens. What are your thoughts. Have compare it with other 20mm?? ACH

Post Thanks / Like

As a long time Canon user who is currently making the Nikon switch.. I have the following comments.

I love the zeiss 50mm Makro. I think the 100mm is also a great lens but it is not as useful as the Nikon 105mm VR because of the VR. The Nikon macro is so much better in terms of bokeh and colors compared to the canon 100mm macro that I do not miss the 100mm zeiss with my D800. . I got a Zeiss 50mm makro for NIkon and was originally quite disappointed. The edges and corners were soft. I had not observed that with my canon lens on the 1dsmkIII or 5dII. I have a friend who has a Zeiss 50mm for Nikon and compared his lens to mine. Clearly mine is defective or a bad copy. So i returned it awaiting another copy. Both copies were super sharp in the center. I did some comparisons with the Nikon 24-70 at 50mm F2.8 to 8. The Zeiss was sharper and gave a bit more detail in the center portion of the image but the difference was not as great as I might have imagined. The 24-70 is actually quite impressive. I just love the 50mm because it is small and easy to travel with. Sometimes having the ability to shoot close up comes in handy. I consider this the best all around 50mm lens I have ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My 24mm 1.4 G comes today hope to have some images up before I leave town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What Lenses for the D800?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Chagin View Post

Steen, thanks for the file. Looks like a pretty decent lens. What are your thoughts. Have compare it with other 20mm?? ACH

I also have the AI-S Nikkor 2.8/20mm, Antonio, and I once quickly compared them on my APS-C sensor based D300, where they were very close.

I'll see if I can make a new side by side comparison this time on the 35mm sensor, perhaps this coming weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What Lenses - ultra-wides

Antonio, here's a city-landscape comparison of the two 20mm ultra-wide lenses at f/8. Both lenses show quite a bit lateral chromatic aberrations.

I left all the aberrations untouched in the converted jpeg files so that you can immediately see it for yourself, but it is easily corrected in Lightroom 4.

First the old AI-S Nikkor 20mm from the film days:

Link to the RAW file

80A_0590_AIS_Nikkor_20mm.NEF

click for native sized jpeg (18.7 Mb)

Nikon D800 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/20mm • 1/250 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4

And now the modern Voigtländer Color-Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL II Aspherical:

It's pretty obvious that the modern Voigtländer lens is better optimized for digital sensors.

Link to the RAW file

80A_0592_Voigtlander_20mm_SLII.NEF

click for native sized jpeg (18.1 Mb)

Nikon D800 • Voigtländer Color-Skopar 3.5/20mm SLII Aspherical • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What Lenses for the D800?

Antonio, I reprocessed the two above linked full size jpeg files.

They were over-processed when I first posted them because I tried a sharpening formula suggested elsewhere, but it made the files fall apart.

You may need to refresh your browser to see the new versions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    My guess and just a guess.
    24/1.4,35/1.4G, 50/1.4G/ 50/1.8G, 85/1.4G, 200/2.0, maybe 70200VRII
    14-24/2.8
    Exactly on my minds...and I am thinking of a huge loan from the bank

Post Thanks / Like

Checked out today my old Nikon 85mm PC f/2.8 Macro lens. Looks fine:

A full sized version can be found here:

http://outbackphoto.smugmug.com/DOPF...0-Field-Tests/
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice picture.
    It could be my monitor but I see de light blue and red a little over exposed. Are you seeing that too?
    Tkank´s for share.

Post Thanks / Like

The light blue covers show reflections. Not sure about the res?
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

sorry, I should have said over saturated and yes the light blues are more saturated than the others but red could be a little over saturated too.

Post Thanks / Like

>should have said over saturated and yes

These are intense colors in reality and in overcast it even shows more. Is just a matter of taste here I would say.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Lenses - ultra-wides

[QUOTE=Steen;409283]
    Antonio, here's a city-landscape comparison of the two 20mm ultra-wide lenses at f/8. Both lenses show quite a bit lateral chromatic aberrations.

I left all the aberrations untouched in the converted jpeg files so that you can immediately see it for yourself, but it is easily corrected in Lightroom 4.

First the old AI-S Nikkor 20mm from the film days:

Link to the RAW file

80A_0590_AIS_Nikkor_20mm.NEF

Steen, so sorry I had not looked at these before. I'm downloading them now. Post my comments later. Thanks very much for such interesting posting. ACH

Post Thanks / Like

Well Steen, after comparing both files, taking care of chromatic aberrations and doing a basic sharpening, is clear that the Voightlander has the advantage. Not a bad performer for the price. The center is very good and borders are ok, extremes are noticeable blur.
    The Nikon not as good and seems like the right side is better than the left side.
    I was looking the Voightlander up in B&H and there's seems to be two versions, being the version II now for sale. Which version is yours?? Are there any known difference between these two?
    Thank you.!