Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Updated deliver status D800/D800E/D4

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated deliver status D800/D800E/D4

Well, the Amazon description for Amazon.com: Nikon BL-5 Battery Chamber Cover: Camera & Photo says:
    The BL-5 is a battery chamber cover for use when powering the D800/D800E D-SLR with the MB-D12 Battery Pack and using the EN-EL18 rechargeable lithium Ion battery. Battery not included. So if it doesn't work I'm sure they'd take it back and refund you...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How did you guys get 800e's?

Here's my updated delivery status: I'm still sitting here empty-handed after ordering early Feb. My local dealer has not yet seen a D800E and only three 800's. I'm not NPS so have no dibs anywhere and Nikon is not saying anything to anyone. Frustrated. Great gnashing going on. Giving dealer grief but knowing it is not his problem. Anyone have a magic potion?
    Alan

Selection of work: http://weinschela.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could help... I ordered mine on Feb 7th and was high in the queue at my dealer... and they got I think three or four.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You'll need a potion to help you forget about it. Make sure there's enough to go around.

Post Thanks / Like

B&H charged the AMEX and the order is in the warehouse for a D4 ... maybe soon.

richard.L

the first Es are all in the pipe... the second batch of AA 800s should be at shops this week thru next weds...
    there was a ceremony at plant thanking everyone for getting full production up.
    the 800's should be in big supply over the next 6 weeks.

I still think the Es are being released slowly, testing the acceptance level.

Try general discount and electronics stores -- places you wouldn't call photo ...

Post Thanks / Like

BestBuy online had D800's for a while today, but they sold out quickly. They also had D4's but it appears those have sold out as well.

I picked up a D4 last week and man is it fun. 11fps, killer autofocus and a 100+ raw buffer before slowing down. With it I've gotten some tkd, bird and kid shots that I would not have with any other camera I've used.

Introspection time - a few years ago I showed up at a "Landscape" workshop with a new just released 16mp 1Dsmk2. Boy was I hot s**t. This thing made obsolete all the 11mp 1Ds's that other folks had.

Now I've got a 16mp camera that shoots cleaner files than the 1Dsmk2 at iso 12,800 while doing 11fps. The two 16x20's I've done look fine to me. Do I really need that D800? Wavering......
    ---------------
    Steve
    www.finesart.com

Post Thanks / Like

Updates .....D4 s are arriving starting Monday this week . Received non NPS orders placed in January at BH and March at Amazon this week . I am keeping one and shipping the other to a world famous fashion photographer in Jupiter FL . (he will owe me a huge favor ). The D4 ..devil will be in the details ...so close to a D3S /X body you would have to look twice . Some weaknesses in use of buttons dials instead of menu compared to the D3S (required changes for video improvements ) . Significantly better LCD ....who knows on the image quality . New batteries,cards (faster) ,screen protectors only the magnifier works . Free SQX card but no NX2 .

D800E shipments arrived monday and yesterday at brick and mortar dealers . NPS buddy sending me one today . Wait list at strong B&M dealer ...83 for the 800E . If you have an NPS number start calling . Grip allows you to share D4 battery .

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One (and only one) D800E arrived at the local Anchorage shop (Stewart's Photo) yesterday. I'm next on the list. Hopefully, Nikon will ship a second E north to Alaska this month.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New Zealand retail is about $4400-$4500. I've been told by one shop they're expecting one every 2-3 weeks or so, hopefully better supply end of May.

Heres one on an auction site, trademe, a good NZ site. Was 4200 now 4700 with 3 hours left. NIKON D800 | Trade Me

Heres a 2nd one D800 with 24-120 for $6400, maybe quite good priced.
    Nikon D800 with Nikon AFS 24-120mm F4G ED VR | Trade Me

I'm hoping to get one later. Bought a Leica 35-70 F4 for it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weinschela View Post
    How did you guys get 800e's?

Here's my updated delivery status: I'm still sitting here empty-handed after ordering early Feb. My local dealer has not yet seen a D800E and only three 800's. I'm not NPS so have no dibs anywhere and Nikon is not saying anything to anyone. Frustrated. Great gnashing going on. Giving dealer grief but knowing it is not his problem. Anyone have a magic potion?
    Update: now #1 on the list and should have it next week.
    Alan

Selection of work: http://weinschela.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There are now more than 80 D800/800E on eBay, I'm hoping this means the supply is increasing (or it's wishful thinking :-)).

Mr.Gale