Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikon D800 First Blush

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

High Noon

ISO 6400 provided me a shutter speed of 1/400 sec.

Link to the RAW file

80A_0097_AIS_20mm_iso6400_12bit.NEF

That's it, I didn't take it further than these standard ISO values.

click for native size (15 Mb)

Nikon D800 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/20mm • 12 bit 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 6400 • Lightroom 4

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nikon D800 First Blush

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Yea I was off pretty bad with back focus on the lens. My 35 is dead on, 85 1.4 is -2. Surprisingly the 180 looks very good but am doing a double check. Also it seems to hold up is pretty fast on focus. This is encouraging for that lens. The 14-24 is a used but very mint still under warranty but a little surprised that far off. I'm on a laptop and was looking at them and I knew even when shooting something looked off. So toss those posted images. I will get better and post for sure. I spent the time this morning checking this and glad I did. Heading out now to play. Check in later
    Guy, this may be why the 14-24 was sold in such a mint state If all your lenses are OK or off by a minimal bit, I'd suggest you'll have the 14-24 checked by Nikon...
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Leica Ambassador | Formatt-Hitech Ambassador | ABIPP EP
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post

Hey Vivek, I guess I need to break down and admit that I do also use modern autofocus lenses. Sometimes

I just refuse to completely abandon my old AI-S type lenses just because of some extra million pixels on the sensor

In the following posts I'll show you some captures with a lens designed 28 years ago in the film days, the AI-S Nikkor 20mm f/2.8

It's obviously not designed and corrected for digital sensors, still I like it for what it is and I intend to keep on using it.
    Steen, Nearly 2 years ago I sold/gave away many of my Nikkors. Recently, I rounded up (for a different project) all the lenses I have. Still a lot. Among them the tiny 20/3.5. Your 20/2.8 pics look good. Those AiS lenses would never go out of fashion or use.

Post Thanks / Like

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by vieri View Post
    Guy, this may be why the 14-24 was sold in such a mint state If all your lenses are OK or off by a minimal bit, I'd suggest you'll have the 14-24 checked by Nikon...
    The gentleman hated the front element. Thought he would scratch it.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

ssanacore

Well I'm sold on the camera but this lens looks a bit weak for this sensor. Can't wait to see how it will do with Zeiss optics. I wonder if anyone can convert my Canon 17mm and 24 shift lenses to work on these bodies or my Leica R's ;-)

I would assume the D800E model will be more demanding on the optics, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ssanacore View Post

I would assume the D800E model will be more demanding on the optics, right?
    Less demanding. The number of pixels is the same, but the AA filter acts as an
    attenuator for the high frequency energy from very fine details. So a very good
    optic with AA filter will be more penalized that a slightly worse one with no AA
    filter.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense, of course, depending on where and how one uses his/her lenses. I was being half-facetious, it wouldn't be the first time than someone sells a mint-looking-but-not-perfectly-working lens pricing it based on its mint aspect rather than being honest about its internal problems...

Quote Originally Posted by sergio lovisolo View Post
    Less demanding. The number of pixels is the same, but the AA filter acts as an
    attenuator for the high frequency energy from very fine details. So a very good
    optic with AA filter will be more penalized that a slightly worse one with no AA
    filter.
    Not quite, actually, it will be more demanding. An example which I hope will help clarify the issue. As we know, the AA filter reduces the amount of sensor resolution by blurring certain frequencies, therefore (numbers are made up):
    - say a sensor WITH AA resolves 100 lines per inch;
    - say a lens resolves 110 lines per inch;
    THEN the lens will out solve the sensor, and be therefore more than adequate for the camera in use, with the sensor being the weaker link in the imaging chain;
    - say now the same sensor WITHOUT AA resolves now 120 lines per inch;
    - say you are using the same lens resolving 110 lines per inch;
    THEN the same lens above will now be inadequate for the sensor resolution, and will become the weaker link on the imaging chain.

Therefore, a sensor WITHOUT AA filter will be more demanding on the used lens compared to the same sensor WITH AA filter - you'll need BETTER lenses with a non-AA sensor than those you'll find adequate with a sensor WITH AA filter...
    Vieri Bottazzini
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Vieri, resolution of the sensor is the same in both cases (36 Mp.). You should consider the AA filter (I understand that this is counterintuitive) as part of the lens.
    Is the lens that, with it, has less resolution.
    So, eliminating the AA filter, is like adding resolution to the lens (or less penalizing it) so a lens with less native resolution can perform even better (depending on the strength of the AA filter) that one with more.
    But in italian I would be a little more understandable...
    Regards.
    Sergio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Blush

Well I'm sold on the camera but this lens looks a bit weak for this sensor (...)

If you had seen the photographer in action you would no longer worry about the lens ...

Welcome aboard ssanacore

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    My first blush: the files are excellent, the color is very good and the noise handling is spectacular. I am processing them in ACR and LR and am liking what I'm seeing very much. (I cannot wait to get them in C1 though!) I will even go so far as to say this is the best DSLR file I have seen to date as relates to color, noise and *captured* dynamic range.

However, the file does NOT have the malleability of the Phase file; you cannot crank shadows way up and hold the quality like you can on the IQ, so what I'd call the output DR is still superior on the IQ file. The other thing you notice immediately is how much less the image "zooms" when you go to 100% as compared to the IQ180 -- very close pixel pitches and a lot more of them on the IQ180 so that makes sense.

I need to shoot some people in good outdoor light to comment on how it handles skin. So far from a few interior interior shots I've done it looks pretty darn good, but again does not appear to be full MF caliber.

So, is it an MF replacement? No, at least not for me. To me, the most obvious difference is the MF files still have more elasticity to them, and that is something I use a lot to get my final working file to where I want it. But for a shooter who cannot enter MF, I will step out on that limb and say the D800 appears to be the best thing going to date in the DSLR league. I am impressed with it and likely to keep it.
    Jack,

Regarding the malleability of the NEF files, you might want to run them through Nikon Capture NX2 to really see what they are capable of.i have always found that NX2 can pull out a lot more shadow and highlight information from native Nikon files than either C1 or any ACR variant. The workflow sucks but the raw results really are worth it it the end. (I recognize of course that you are very much at home around the C1 workflow).
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guess what, been there, done that (argument with an over zealous sprung door). A tiny mark will flare horribly with the 14-24 but it was a $300 fix by Nikon.for a new hood assembly & replacement front element.

Watch these hood petals when really cold - the door bump shattered my hood on a very cold day which in turn knocked the front element.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Vieri, resolution of the sensor is the same in both cases (36 Mp.). You should consider the AA filter (I understand that this is counterintuitive) as part of the lens.
    Is the lens that, with it, has less resolution.
    So, eliminating the AA filter, is like adding resolution to the lens (or less penalizing it) so a lens with less native resolution can perform even better (depending on the strength of the AA filter) that one with more.
    But in italian I would be a little more understandable...
    Regards.
    Sergio
    Sergio, your argument isn't counterintuitive, is plainly backwards In the real world, you have a lens - say the 85mm f1.4 - that DOESN'T change, no matter which body you mount it on. You then have two cameras, the D800 and the D800E, and the sensor system is different between them in that one HAS an AA filter while the other DOESN'T, even if the actual light sensitive wells' area is the same. I am pretty sure everyone would agree that the AA filter is part of the camera, not of the lens...

Therefore, my previous example still stands. Let's make it less abstract:
    - let's say you have a lens (the Nikkor xx mm fx.x) that resolves 100 lpm;
    - let's say you put it on the D800 that in this case (numbers are, again, randomly selected) solves 90 lpm;
    THEN the lens out resolve the sensor/camera combination.

- let's now say you have the SAME lens (the Nikkor xx mm fx.x) that STILL resolves 100 lpm;
    - let's say you put it this time on the D800E that in this case (numbers are, again, randomly selected) solves 110 lpm;
    THEN the lens will be out resolved by the sensor/camera combination.

THEREFORE, the D800E sensor/camera combination is more demanding for a lens than the D800.

I hope this is clearer, otherwise I guess we'll have to agree to disagree... and, in order to get the best results, I'll put my best glass on the D800E, while you'll put your worse one on it
    Vieri Bottazzini

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree with Vieri. The 800E would be more demanding and, ALSO, it would show the diffraction effects more clearly than the 800.

The 800E would need to be kept clean all the time. This would be less of a bother with the 800.

I am saying these based on using AA and AA less cams for several years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

D800E will be more demanding due to no AA. But honestly folks, the net difference will be marginal (like minuscule and only visible at careful 100% comparisons), and likely totally disappeared by f8 due to diffraction anyway. You will see it on the fast teles shot at f4, and that is where you'll also start the sharpness versus moire tradeoff debates.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Jack,

Regarding the malleability of the NEF files, you might want to run them through Nikon Capture NX2 to really see what they are capable of.i have always found that NX2 can pull out a lot more shadow and highlight information from native Nikon files than either C1 or any ACR variant. The workflow sucks but the raw results really are worth it it the end. (I recognize of course that you are very much at home around the C1 workflow).
    For sure, I should process with the manufacturer software -- know that lesson from trying to convince Phase shooters to try C1 instead of sticking with LR for their Phase files! I'm just not in favor of purchasing a $180 software I cannot demo first and will likely not ever want to use anyway...
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One major reason I stopped buying Nikon is this NX issue. Expensive, slow but mandatory for the best results from a Nikon cam. Upgrade policy is exactly the same as Adobe.

In the Netherlands, it (NX2) is offered as a package deal with the D800E body which costs about 500 Euros more than the 800. It seems that NX2 is essential for the 800E.

Post Thanks / Like

Steen,

thanks for your helpful examples. 1600 ISO would be quite usable I think.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lloyd Chambers wrote about very significant focus shift with the 14-24 G.

My sample bears this out and now only trust live view focus for critical sharpness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by danielmoore View Post
    Lloyd Chambers wrote about very significant focus shift with the 14-24 G.

My sample bears this out and now only trust live view focus for critical sharpness.
    Sounds like that makes it almost unusable on the D800 for walk-around shooting -- bummer. Looks like I settle for a 20mm prime.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    Steen,

I actually found 3200 to be fine for me, pleasing fine to moderate noise structure. One thing Nikon seems to have cracked, is the noise signature is mostly monochrome, so much more pleasing in an image -- at least to my eyes...
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

When you have a camera with an AA filter, in reality the filter is not applied -part-of the sensor, (the transducer, which converts light in electrical signals) it is applied to the lens, and reduces it resolving power, not that of the transducer itself.
    A camera is an energy system. This energy derives from the external light and is conducted to the energy transducer (the sensor) trough an optical channel which comprises the lens, filters, (IR, UV etc) and in some cases, an AA filter. At the end
    of this path, light is supplied to the sensor itself, which converts it to electrical signals.
    The resolution of a sensor is proportional to the number of its pixels.
    But a sensor has a limited capability to accept energy from the light path: limited in amplitude by its sensitivity and his dynamic range, and in frequency by a strange thing
    called Nyquist limit, which is a frequency in the electric side of the sensor, and lines per
    millimeter on the optical side of the sensor.
    The sensor says to the lens designer: hey, you are sending me more energy than I am able to convert, please do something... the designer replies: stupid, tell the photographer
    to close the lens and use a shorter exposure! but the sensor replies: hey, there is still
    something wrong: you are sending me energy with too high frequency (resolution) and I
    am unable to convert it -shame on Nyquist- so I must aliase it .
    Well, says the designer, all can I do is to reduce the exuberance of this lens which is supplying energy to you with a high frequency attenuator that is called AAfilter, but I
    have to tell you that I am unable to build one that will eliminate only the part of light
    that you don't like, but much more than that. So I will try to compensate this loss with
    a stronger lens, one which has more resolution, to obtain anyway a good image. This is
    due to the defects of this filter, I must supply to it more energy in the high frequency
    range to partly compensate his action.
    But if you accept a little aliasing, I can avoid to use the attenuator, and so I can send you the required energy even with a lens a little weaker than that I must use when the attenuator is in the light path.

Out of the shameless apologue. The AA filter is an obstruction APPLIED TO THE LENS to
    avoid that high frequency energy reaches the sensor. It reduces the resolution of the lens,
    it is still in the optical part of the system. If we eliminate it, it will be easier for the lens (less demanding) to produce enough energy to reach the Nyquist limit, after which that energy is aliased-
    That's all, folks!

Thanks.
    Sergio
    Last edited by sergio lovisolo; 25th March 2012 at 11:40.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As the discussion has moved around again to AA filters and their role in life, allow me to point to another post I made on the issue. Yes, and ...
    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/395479-post5.html

Best,

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have a load to post this week when I get home and BTW the 180 looks pretty spanking good.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

ssanacore

Re: Blush

Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post

If you had seen the photographer in action you would no longer worry about the lens ...

Welcome aboard ssanacore
    Hope you didn't take the remark personally. But as a substitute for MF for my landscape work, it seems like it will take superb optics to get the most from this camera. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hmmm after shooting the lowly rated 180 one wonders but I need to get this stuff home on my 30 inch monitor and I really need C1 to process as I can mentally compare to what my IQ 160 does. Have to say its damn fun to shoot BUT you can't be sloppy either. My bet some people will sell these off after they realize it's work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now my G glass is kicking butt and taking numbers don't get me wrong but for some lenses on the bubble they really need a workout. My 14-24 is looking really good now but falling into a trap thinking F8 is going to carry DOF than that will not always be the case. With this lens you tend to get real close to your subject which obviously kills DOF. Again I will repeat a comment I said earlier for non MF shooters in some ways your going to need to practice what we have to do. It's getting harder to cheat good technique. Why I said some will sell them as some folks don't want to work it.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, one last time.

Say you have a lens that resolves 90 lpm. Say you have a sensor that resolves 100 lpm, but you put an AA filter on it to reduce it resolving power to 90 lpm. Now your lens resolves exactly what light/frequences/etc will arrive on the surface of the sensor, using all the resolving power the sensor has. Agree so far?
    Say now you take the AA filter out of the sensor; the sensor will now resolve its full potential of 100 lpm, but your lens will still be resolving 90 lpm; your image will look like the one taken with the AA filter exactly, not putting the extra resolving power freed by the missing AA filter to its advantage. Now, in order to have the full 100 lpm resolved, you will need a BETTER lens, able to resolve 100 lpm. Agree so far?

So, given a sensor in two configuration, one WITH and one WITHOUT an AA filter, in order to fully use the resolving power of the sensor that taking off the AA filter will unleash, you need a BETTER lens; therefore, a camera without AA filter is MORE demanding on lens quality than one WITH AA filter, everything else being equal as in the case of the D800 and D800E cameras.

Really.

However, being this a free world, you can believe what you want, no problem by me as I said, this is my last post on this, I hope things are a little clearer now. Maybe is a language barrier problem, I don't know.

Ciao,

V.

When you have a camera with an AA filter, in reality the filter is not applied -part-of the sensor, (the transducer, which converts light in electrical signals) it is applied to the lens, and reduces it resolving power, not that of the transducer itself.
    A camera is an energy system. This energy derives from the external light and is conducted to the energy transducer (the sensor) trough an optical channel which comprises the lens, filters, (IR, UV etc) and in some cases, an AA filter. At the end
    of this path, light is supplied to the sensor itself, which converts it to electrical signals.
    The resolution of a sensor is proportional to the number of its pixels.
    But a sensor has a limited capability to accept energy from the light path: limited in amplitude by its sensitivity and his dynamic range, and in frequency by a strange thing
    called Nyquist limit, which is a frequency in the electric side of the sensor, and lines per
    millimeter on the optical side of the sensor.
    The sensor says to the lens designer: hey, you are sending me more energy than I am able to convert, please do something... the designer replies: stupid, tell the photographer
    to close the lens and use a shorter exposure! but the sensor replies: hey, there is still
    something wrong: you are sending me energy with too high frequency (resolution) and I
    am unable to convert it -shame on Nyquist- so I must aliase it .
    Well, says the designer, all can I do is to reduce the exuberance of this lens which is supplying energy to you with a high frequency attenuator that is called AAfilter, but I
    have to tell you that I am unable to build one that will eliminate only the part of light
    that you don't like, but much more than that. So I will try to compensate this loss with
    a stronger lens, one which has more resolution, to obtain anyway a good image. This is
    due to the defects of this filter, I must supply to it more energy in the high frequency
    range to partly compensate his action.
    But if you accept a little aliasing, I can avoid to use the attenuator, and so I can send you the required energy even with a lens a little weaker than that I must use when the attenuator is in the light path.

Out of the shameless apologue. The AA filter is an obstruction APPLIED TO THE LENS to
    avoid that high frequency energy reaches the sensor. It reduces the resolution of the lens,
    it is still in the optical part of the system. If we eliminate it, it will be easier for the lens (less demanding) to produce enough energy to reach the Nyquist limit, after which that energy is aliased-
    That's all, folks!

Thanks.
    Sergio
    Vieri Bottazzini

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

**** I just got hit for my Nikon purchases my wife just killed me in a antique store. Pay backs are a bitch. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

LOL.... Well at least it isn't as bad as a new bathroom.
    Bryan

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Blush

Hope you didn't take the remark personally (...)

Oh no, I assure you ssanacore, I was just making fun of myself - e.g. that I forgot to make the high ISO test shots 14 bit ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nikon D800 First Blush

Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    thanks for the download steen
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissblad View Post
    Thanks for the downloads Steen - the quality is amazing!
    Steen,

You are very welcome, folks.

And thank you for your participation in this meeting with a new generation of DSLRs.

Interesting times indeed.

Oh, and Matto (Dr. Viablex)

You obviously succeeded adding a lot of contrast and sharpness to the last frame.

But at the same time you got yourself some jaggies in some of the straight lines, maybe everything comes at a cost

Post Thanks / Like

> One thing Nikon seems to have cracked, is the noise signature is mostly monochrome, so much more pleasing in an image -- at least to my eyes...

Here are soem interesting videos about Sony(Nikon) vs. Canon sensors:

x-yojimbo-item://52E1A278-2A5E-4F7F-9922-74BB4A192D00
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    For sure, I should process with the manufacturer software -- know that lesson from trying to convince Phase shooters to try C1 instead of sticking with LR for their Phase files! I'm just not in favor of purchasing a $180 software I cannot demo first and will likely not ever want to use anyway...
    Jack I think Nikon now lets you download as a free 60 day trial Capture NX2, well that's whats on their website the other day at least. However I gave up on Nikon software years ago when it changed from NX to NX2 and have to say I have not missed it one iota. I do use Capture Control Pro almost daily which is great when shooting tethered. I don't necessarily agree with all due respect to others you have to have Nikons proprietary software to get the best from their cameras. Just my 2˘ worth. I suspect my workflow is quite a bit different than most photographers however.

Taken a step further the last time I demoed C1 and its been a couple of years now, also couldn't stand the raw conversion of Nikon files either. Given its popularity not sure what that says about me, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nikon D800 First Blush

Another one with AF-S 1.4/85mm G

Link to the RAW file (if you post your conversion result please keep it here on this forum)

80A_0033_85mmG_iso100_12bit.NEF

click for native sized jpeg (11 Mb)

Nikon D800 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 12 bit 1/160 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4

Post Thanks / Like

Steen once again, thanks for the opportunity to examine and work with the D800 files. Decided to give this one a go, developed in LR 4.0 and worked up in PS CS 5. Not having been here at this scene hard to know exactly what the correct colors are let alone how far to take the edits so there is some obvious guess work on my part.

Rob
    Last edited by routlaw; 23rd May 2015 at 10:11.

Post Thanks / Like

and another

Oh what the heck here is another which was fun to play with. Nice samples Steen. Raw convert in LR 4.0, CS 5 edits.

Rob
    Last edited by routlaw; 23rd May 2015 at 10:11.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have a load to post this week when I get home and BTW the 180 looks pretty spanking good.
    Told ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

> One thing Nikon seems to have cracked, is the noise signature is mostly monochrome, so much more pleasing in an image -- at least to my eyes...

Here are soem interesting videos about Sony(Nikon) vs. Canon sensors:

x-yojimbo-item://52E1A278-2A5E-4F7F-9922-74BB4A192D00
    Unknown link type?

Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quick shot from today . ISO 4000 1/40 F8 with 14-24 at 14 with lens profile applied . I also went in and raised luminance to 25 and color to 50. This is pretty darn good. Focus on front figure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh handheld

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pretty much same thing except at F5 1/30th ISO 4000

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

More to come. Heading home and a lot to process but I'm pretty happy with it. For me you just don't know how hard that is for me to say about 35mm. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This was with the 180mm handheld at 1/2500 wide open at 2.8 ISO 100. I added the vignette and i am using about 20 clarity and bumping the sharpening to about 90 in ACR. I do need to find ACR's happy spot with the D800.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nikon D800 First Blush

(...) ISO 4000 1/40 F8 with 14-24 at 14 with lens profile applied . I also went in and raised luminance to 25 and color to 50. (...)

Those ISO 4000 shots look pretty clean with the luminance and color sliders raised a bit. Amazing what's possible.

And the 180mm gull shot looks absolutely great with regards to sharpness as well as the out of focus rendering in the background.

Interesting background by the way, with a nice graphic impact.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

More to come. Heading home and a lot to process but I'm pretty happy with it. For me you just don't know how hard that is for me to say about 35mm. LOL
    But Guy, it's a new 35 mm camera.

--Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That it is Matt and I'm kinda liking it. Im thinking of ordering a E version as well in a month or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Couple more before I head out . This was the 14-24 at 21mm ISO 100 at F8

Posting this to show recovery slider we where pretty well backlit here. 35mm at F6.3

85mm at 1.8 ISO 320

14-24 at 14mm all lens corrections applied profile key stoning and such. Worked really nice the corrections

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nikon D800 First Blush

(...) Im thinking of ordering a E version as well in a month or two.

Uh-oh, now that sounds like we have a real High Noon Duel Review coming ...