The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where to get a D800?

R

richard.L

I was just at the online (usa only) nikon store, looking at refurbs ... the D800 was on the main DSLR page and the 'shop' was available, so I pushed it... in the time I called someone who was looking, it disappeared from my cart --- :) ...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Funny I'm on a job had about 5 people trying to get my D800 from me. They are all on back order for them.

eleanorbrown

I'm beginning to wonder if Nikon is shipping ANY d800 series cameras at all...anywhere? A few folks have them but not many.....Anyone know what the issue is about seemingly almost total lack of availability?? Eleanor

Funny I'm on a job had about 5 people trying to get my D800 from me. They are all on back order for them.

Mr.Gale

Here in the SF bay area there are currently five D800's listed on Craigslist. Prices are one used for $3k, the highest one is $3.6k.

Mr.Gale

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Well, since I won't get a D800E until who knows when I bought a D800. Maybe one of each isn't such a bad way to go.

Last edited:
I woke up to an email from my Dealer at Fotocare that my D800E has arrived! It seems that at least a small shipment went out to some NPS members. I'm actually traveling, in La and heading to Phoenix tomorrow, so they are shipping it there! Now I just have to decide which lens to tell my wife to bring with her when she meets me in Phoenix! I'm glad Guy has a camera already, so he won't try to hijack the FedEx truck in Phoenix! Haha

Guy Mancuso

Heck you could have had it delivered to me. I'm waiting on FedX anyway tommorrow. Not telling anyone's what's on that truck . ROTFLMAO

It was at the hotel when I arrived. Glad security kept you away from it. I only have 1 lens, so I wont be able do any real tests until next week.

Guy you seem to roll on the floor A LOT...

Guy Mancuso

It was at the hotel when I arrived. Glad security kept you away from it. I only have 1 lens, so I wont be able do any real tests until next week.

Guy you seem to roll on the floor A LOT...
Lol well I'm not allowed on the furniture for starters. Lol

R

richard.L

call your local NOW... I just got another email from Roberts and BestBuy ...

800 (aa) and Es are arriving today, tomorrow, and friday...

shipping as fast as they can get them back onto the trucks.

--- I bet this turnaround .. order, wait 2-5 weeks, pickup item -- is going to be the pace for the next several months.

I cancelled my Pre-order (feb7 with NYC) weeks ago. have been able to get several 800* just ..

happing shopping

In our area, it is still 4 to 6 weeks back order. You need to pay $500 deposit to get in the que.

In CL black market, it is usually $500 premium, most of them purchased from Amazon and trying to make profit or those who decided later not to go with D800/D800E.

However what I understand is Nikon warranty is VOID when there is ownership change. I don't know if there is any work around.

Subrata

BSEH

It looks as it's somewhat faster in other countries than Denmark. I order out of 5 retailers, large and small.

I'h figured out that with the pace Nikon delivers with now,:deadhorse:

I'll get my first D800 in August 2013, and the lates one will be shipped January 2015. :eek:

any slower.. or do i take the slowest price here... :facesmack:

It looks as it's somewhat faster in other countries than Denmark. I order out of 5 retailers, large and small.

I'h figured out that with the pace Nikon delivers with now,:deadhorse:

I'll get my first D800 in August 2013, and the lates one will be shipped January 2015. :eek:

any slower.. or do i take the slowest price here... :facesmack:
Denmark is the home of Phase One. That could be the reason. LOL!!!

T

traylorc

I ordered a D800 from Best Buy about a week and a half ago, it's scheduled for pick up tomorrow. Fingers crossed....