The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Flashes

Terry

I'm a few days behind but I just read that the SB800 is now discontinued (at least in the US).

I know that the SB900 has superior features but side by side there is a significant size difference (and about $140). So, if you want a Nikon flash that can be used as a master and don't want the bulk of the SB900 now seems to be the time to get an SB800 before they are gone.

Terry

David K

Workshop Member
Terry,
Good heads up with this post. I've got a first edition Guy Mancuso SB 800 which, now that they're discontinued, should be worth it's weight in... :)

etrigan63

Terry, David Farkas sold me on the Metz 58A-1 flash which is $50 less than an SB800 and my D300 thinks it is a SB800! It even responds to orders from the Creative Lighting System. It does a stellar job as a fill flash as well. Here's a shot of my Dad (hamming it up with my hat) from my son's birthday party. Shot in broad daylight with the Metz in TTL Flash Fill mode.