The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Highlights of the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G

ustein

Contributing Editor
Highlights of the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G:
· Fast f/1.8 prime lens designed for shooting stills or recording HD video in low-light situations

· Engineered for Nikon FX-format D-SLRs (42mm focal length equivalent when mounted on DX-format D-SLRs)

· The AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G lens will be available in late May for $699.95 SRP

V

Vivek

The sample images from Nikon look decent. I do not think it is in the same level as the 35/1.4 G but, for this price, it looks great.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I have one on order as well . This is a perfect wide angle for a d800..but I am concerned if it will be up to the quality of the 24/35 1.4 lenses at more than twice the price.

The 85/1.8 does t match the 85/1.4 and I expect at $700 the 28 will be excellent but not superb .

We will know soon enough