The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase/mamiya lens mount to Nikon convert/adapt?

tashley

Subscriber Member
I've got an SK 110 T/S lens that I'd like to use on my D800. Does anyone have any idea if it can be converted or adapted?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
On the downside, you will only e able to shoot the 110LS wide open, but on the upside, that'd be the magic use for that lens on the D800!

tashley

Subscriber Member
Sorry Jack, my sloppy: it is the 120 tilt shift lens I meant. I am selling all my kit but that lens would take a big hit and has only shot about 20 frames so am keen to re-purpose it!

FredBGG

Not Available
IF you do get an adapter you are going to want one that has the biggest throat sso as to not get in the way of the projected image reaching the sensor. My guess is that you will have "behind the lens" vignetting because the rear elements are not close enough to the nikons lens mount.

It's worth a go with an inexpensive adapter. The Fotodiox one is not bad.

Kind of interesting having long focal length tilt shift.

I am making an adapter to mount my Fuji GX680 lenses onto the D800E.
It will be interesting having the following tilt shift focal lenths on the D800E

125 f3.2
180 f3.2
250 f5.6
300 f 6.3
100-200 f5.6.... yes a tilt shift zoom...
500mm f8

robmac

I use the Fotodiox Pro (avoid the cheaper non-Pro units) mounts, and have for years, to shoot M645 glass on Canon and now Nikon. Work like a charm.

R

rafaelrojasphoto

Sorry Jack, my sloppy: it is the 120 tilt shift lens I meant. I am selling all my kit but that lens would take a big hit and has only shot about 20 frames so am keen to re-purpose it!
Wow Tashley, so finally the Nikon D800e meant the death of your Phase One system? That might mean quite something!
Great light ;-)
rafa