The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What not to do with D800e files...

tashley

Subscriber Member
1) shoot jpeg
2) copy to iPad
3) edit in snapseed

Rules made to be broken... When travelling light, sometimes it's just fun to mess around..:D:D

Terry

Can snapseed take a full D800 file?

For others with an iPad Snapseed is free this week....

tashley

Subscriber Member
These were full sized jpegs but PhotoRaw will take all you can throw at it... It's really useful.

JimCollum

I've done this with M9 files (used PhotoRaw to process the raw file, then import to Snapseed). I'm looking for a 800E at the moment.. so looking forward to playing with this on the iPad as well

(M9 shot thru snapseed...)

D&A

Love the shots and processing Tim! :thumbs:
+1! These are great Tim. Maybe the thing to do is chuck shooting Raw and simply give the client a folder full of snapseed processed jpegs :). Oh that mermaid, I think I"m in love...LOL

Dave (D&A)

tashley

Subscriber Member
+1! These are great Tim. Maybe the thing to do is chuck shooting Raw and simply give the client a folder full of snapseed processed jpegs :). Oh that mermaid, I think I"m in love...LOL

Dave (D&A)
I'm staying with friends and she's a dead ringer for my hostess!

tashley

Subscriber Member
Shouldn't a Holga be included in that comparison? Film developing only allowed with stuff you can find in your kitchen ;)
Balsamic vinegar has some potential as both fixer and toner... I could develop the film in an asparagus kettle, the paper in a roasting tray kept at the right temperature on the AGA and then use the dishwasher to dry the prints. Am slightly lost for an enlarger: contact prints only I think.