The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sandisk Extreme Pro 90 mb/s CF card issues

So I ordered a bunch of Sandisk Extreme Pro 90 mb/s both in 16GB and 32 GB. The work fine in the D800E and the P30+. BUT when I go to download them to my Mac Pro, they won't copy any of the files over. They have been formatted. I've tested 3 of them. Everything works fine when I use the 16GB extreme III that I've had for a while. Anyone else have this issue? Or any ideas to correct it? I'm on version 10.6.8. Was going to upgrade to the newer Mac software tonight or tomorrow. Maybe that will solve the issue. I also bought a bunch of the newer Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 mb/s SD cards, they are working and downloading fine.

Thanks

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
yes I had the same issue with the 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro 90mb/s . It processed about 200 images without problems and the last 75 could not be read. I used Image Rescue and recovered the missing 75 all as .NEF raw files (sometimes the recovery gives you TIFFs ) . The files were fine .

I went back to a slower 16gb card and haven t had any problems .

My card was not new I got it from BH in one of the year end deals .

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
As Bob said, it's your reader. I use the 90MB/s Extreme pro 32's in both my D800 and IQ180, and I can read them in either my USB3 reader or my older dual slot USB 2 reader. I believe there is an issue reading the newest cards in a firewire reader.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Haven't had any problems with my 32GB Extreme Pros either, also bought at a B&H one-day sale event, but then I haven't ever gotten close to filling one up. I have to agree it's probably the reader.

ok,
It's an esata reader. That stinks, was expecting a boost of speed with the reader and faster cards. I'll pick up a usb reader this week and try that. It's a little strange that the SD cards work and the CF don't, same 4 slot reader...

Thanks

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
As Bob said, it's your reader. I use the 90MB/s Extreme pro 32's in both my D800 and IQ180, and I can read them in either my USB3 reader or my older dual slot USB 2 reader. I believe there is an issue reading the newest cards in a firewire reader.
I have the same reader as Bob has and I ve had the problem with the card mentioned . Card reader is the new Lexar USB 3.0 dual slot reader. . The card was the Sandisk 32 GB Extreme Pro 32gb 90MB/s.

First 200 captures processed clean and the last 75 didn t . But they all were recovered with image rescue.

I will try another reader .

Ok,
I got the new Lexar usb 3 card reader. The new cards are working now. I think it's because they are UDMA7, whatever that means. So just fyi to everyone, when you upgrade to these new cards, get a new card reader too! Now I need to put a pcie usb card into my Mac Pro, so they transfer really fast!

Thanks for all the help!

rclewis

I had the same problem with the 32gb Sandisc Extreme Pro cards and a Lexar usb 2 card reader. When I tried an old Sandisc usb 2 reader, it worked fine.

adamduckworth

I alos have the same problem with the 32GB Extreme Pro 90MB/s. The Firewire reader reads it fine, but the Lexar CF and SD USB2 card reader doesn't.
Anyone have any ideas?

M

mikejacob

I had the same problem with the 32gb Sandisc Extreme Pro cards and a Lexar usb 2 card reader. When I tried an old Sandisc usb 2 reader, it worked fine.
To recover my lost data from Sandisk SD Card, I opted for Sandisk card recovery software and was able to recover all my lost pictures from memory cards safely.
For Info: http://www.sandiskcardrecovery.net/