The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

has anyone wet cleaned a D800e sensor?

doc4x5

I have had my D800e for about 2 1/2 months and I love it. I am extremely careful when changing lenses but somehow have managed to get a couple of spots on the sensor. They do not seem to budge with repeated "shaker" applications regardless of the position of the camera. I also used a rocket blower to no avail. In the past I have wet cleaned my D700 with Sensor Swabs and Eclipse fluid.

Does anyone have any experience in wet cleaning the D800e?

Thanks.

Eric

mike6272

I do! I got mine two weeks ago and found several dust spots under f/16. I had to wet-clean with a "Nikon Cleaning Kit". No big deal. Just like I usually did on my D3s, D7000, D3x, D300s,... etc.

Michael

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have and find eclipse and a sensor swab to work very well.
-bob

Magic

Hello,

if "only" D800 sensor is also allowed...due to the high number of pixels I noticed that dust is much more obvious than on my previous D700.

I found the green clean swabs in the shops here:

SENSOR CLEANING SYSTEM: GREEN CLEAN for fine technics

and they do a good job. I got my D800 mid April and had to clean the sensor already 5 times (OK, I am living in the United Arab Emirates and dusty air is common but even though I am very careful, it just happens :confused: )

Of course I use air blower before.

Greetings,

Jurgen