The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Zeiss Apo 2.0 135

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Y Sol, how easy or difficult do you find it to manually focus the 135mm focal length ?

Alon

Not Available
The pics available on line do not tell a fantastic story so far!

For Macro, the 100 is sharper
For Bokeh, the 85 is more delirious
For Landscape the 100 is brighter
For Portraits, the 100 is again sharper and the 85 more Bokehlicious

We are left for Reach!

I have one on order but so far it seems it will be making a round trip unless more and better pics show up.

I suppose, if I did not have both the 100 and 85, I would be looking at the 135...it seems it is positioned to be the "Compromise" lens!

Y Sol

Here a quick size comparison with the 14-24 and 70-200.
I find the lens better to hold/use on the D3x than on the D800 (with MB-D12)
Manually focus is on the d3x a bit easier than on the D800.
But... sharpness @F2 on the D800 ;)

Last edited:

Y Sol

I'm not a landscape shooter, I shoot mostly hotel interiors, food, spa and wellness.
In this test shot, my aim was to show how sharp the lens is and how clean the highlights are.
So I did a quick setup which you could find in a hotel lobby or bar.
Camera settings: neutral, color: 4550K, ISO 200, distance ca. 3meter.
I focused with live view on the "Scheibel" letters.

I don't believe that the Zeiss MP 100 could do this better @F2 (I had this lens)
Full scene and some 100% crops

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm buying one of these either the Nikon or the Zeiss and love to hear a comparision on them. What I have read so far has been slightly bias on the Zeiss and not sure i trust the source.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I can see those gears in your head turning from three states away :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Arne Hvaring

Well. FWIW I got my copy on Monday and yesterday it went back. Sharpness OK in the center but falling off towards the edges, slightly worse on the left hand side. Had to stop down to f8 for reasonable sharpness across the field. This at long distance. Marginally better at close range. Surprisingly easy to nail focus on the D800E.
Hopefully a bad sample, next shipment to arrive in 3-4 weeks.