The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 25mm f2.8

jlancasterd

Does anyone on this group use the f2.8 Zeiss ZF.2 25mm? How does it compare optically with the f2 version? It's lighter, and considerably cheaper, which are major attractions in my book!

stickan1

Hi, I started a similar thread at Fred Mirandas and got some useful answers. Look at Zeiss 25/2.8 ? - FM Forums

Anyway I bought it and has used it for a week now and it is a good lens, interesting and challenging at close distances, but behaves very good when used for landscapes and longer distances.

pgmj

Biogon is a symmetrical(ish) construction that isn't possible to use with SLR cameras. Distagon is the common retro focus wide-angle designation used by Zeiss. You see ZM-lenses such as the 15 and 18mm using the Distagon design as well.

kuau

Workshop Member
If you don't need F2, and don't shoot close up,
I would for sure go for the 25/2.8 for landscape.
I use it all the time with my D800E at F5.6-8

D&A

Steven,

Great light! It's hard to judge from a full frame "screen" shot, but it appears the point of focus was somewhere in the foreground or maybe you used hyperfocal distance as opposed to infinity?

Dave (D&A)

kuau

Workshop Member
Dave,
My friend, that's the problem with posting images on the web, and of course im to lazy to post separate 100% crops of the corners etc. It's enough work just getting ou there to get the shot.

This image as most of my images are taken at infinity or very close to.
Especially with the 25 for this kind of shot.
If Guy and Jack would have a special place to upload raw NEFs then we would all be able to see what's going on at 100%.
Just an idea.
I don't want to sign up for drop box and all these other kind of places.
Again to me a hassle. I want to spend more time shooting and perfecting my skills then spending hours in PS cropping sections at 100% saving as jpegs, etc.
I guess at the end of the day the best thing to do is go out and rent these lenses and try for oneself and draw your own conclusion.
Steven