The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 25mm f2

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
F8 is very good , f11 in extreme corners is even better. This was a hand held test. I also have to redo another test i did as well. Maybe this week.

tashley

Subscriber Member
thanks Guy, all info gratefully received... though having just got my fourth fix (first on this body after three previous) back and it's not fixed I am starting to feel teh hope fade for Nikon, QC and repairs... on the other hand, the manual focus lenses do get you past that!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have sent my previous D800 in for repair and it was done fast and accurately . So I had good luck so far. My E seems to be doing great so far.

Given they will most likely make close to 400k D800 in one year there are bound to have a few fall off the quality control line. Lol

tashley

Subscriber Member
I hear you! I just wish a good one would fall my way. I am slowly going cross eyed with having to test every returned body, re-doing fine tune and the. Testing the outer points and always with a sad result... Thought I'd got lucky with the most recent one cos the left point worked well but they seem just to have pulled all the points 12afft nearer...