The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Old D3x at work in the salt fields of Trapani, Sicily

vieri

A while ago, I went to photograph the beautiful salt fields near Trapani, Sicily - such a wonderful place, sadly I just had an evening and a morning to work around it: better than nothing, but I'll definitely try and go back!

For the shoot, I used my D3x, with the 24 mm f1.4 and the 50 mm f1.4 AF-S plus a few Singh-Ray filters (polarizer, NDs, Grad NDs).

I thought I'd upload just a teaser here, while the rest of the story (together with more pictures, of course!) can be found on today's blog post:

Thank you very much for looking, I hope you enjoyed the show!

Last edited:

D&A

Truly lovely shot! As is often expressed, the photographer, not his camera is always respondible for images that make an indelible impression.

Dave (D&A)

vieri

vieri

Love the photos . . . . hate the watermark.
is it really necessary?
Hey Jono! Great to see you, how are you?

Very sorry about the WM, but it is rather unfortunately necessary. Coming down to a choice, and trying to think about it from a viewer's standpoint I'd rather have larger images with a WM (a not too invasive one, as far as I can see around), rather than stamp-sized images, which get stolen anyway and aren't so enjoyable as the larger ones... but of course in an ideal world, a large image and no WM would be the best solution :D