The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DxO rating of D600: excellent news

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
For sure the scores are good, but the ISO is not appreciably greater than the D800's, which is a bit of a disappointment to me -- I was hoping for an extra stop or two :(

ustein

Contributing Editor
>but the ISO is not appreciably greater than the D800's, which is a bit of a disappointment to me -- I was hoping for an extra stop or two

I think what they do is a bit misleading because they down sample. The ISO at the pixel level will be better. But if you own a D800 and down sample to 24MP it will be the same. In most cases I think 24MP is enough and less challenging for your lenses.

If I would buy now I think the D600 would make me happy. Of course I still like the D800.

Last edited:

Swissblad

For sure the scores are good, but the ISO is not appreciably greater than the D800's, which is a bit of a disappointment to me -- I was hoping for an extra stop or two :(
Nothing stopping you buying a D4 ..... ;)