The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D3x & D800E at work in Siena & Tuscany

vieri

This has been a very busy summer for me photographically, but I tried to organize things in a way that I had free time for my photography wherever I went: in between things, I could cut a few days in Siena & Tuscany, with my trusted D3x & the new D800E. Part of the reason for this little trips, is that I needed to put the new D800E through its paces and test it before my trip to Ireland - she did great, and I am happy to report that it is AF-problems free.

Here a couple of teasers, the whole story and more picture can be found on my blog here.

Technical stuff: both the D3x and the D800E performed wonderfully, lenses used were the 24mm f1.4 AF-S, 35mm f1.4 AF-S, 50mm f1.4 AF-S, 85mm f1.4 AF-S, 70-300mm f4.5/5.6 AF-S VR; I used a Gitzo tripod with The Cube on it for support when needed. Images developed in Capture NX2 which, despite its shortcomings, to me provide still the best conversion for NEF files.

I hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to check out my blog for the rest of the story.