The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D3S vs D800 on low light High ISO noise

Auto ISO is a killer feature. When I got my d800, I didn't care about low light performance or automatic anything. But it lulled me into a project that required working quickly in low light. Auto iso made a technically complex situation almost effortless. I had control over the aperture for DOF, and the shutter speed for stopping motion, and let the camera worry about exposure.

jfirneno

Auto ISO is a killer feature. When I got my d800, I didn't care about low light performance or automatic anything. But it lulled me into a project that required working quickly in low light. Auto iso made a technically complex situation almost effortless. I had control over the aperture for DOF, and the shutter speed for stopping motion, and let the camera worry about exposure.
Yes it does decrease the potential of missing a shot when the light levels fluctuate greatly. I was shooting an occasion that went from outdoor broad daylight to indoor variable light (windows and tungsten and fluorescent lights). It was excellent to have an eye watching my light levels from shot to shot.

Regards,
John