The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 Auto ISO with AI-S lenses

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I shot a bit with my AI-S 105/2.5 on the D800E today and noticed auto ISO didn't seem reliable. The lens info is set to 105 f/2.5 and it shows correctly in the EXIF. Yet, the shutter is allowed to go all the way to 1/30s before it starts bumping up the ISO... anyone else notice this? Did I miss a setting someplace?

markhout

Shooting menu - ISO sensitivity settings - Minimum shutter speed. Bump it up.

My copy of the 105 AIS on the D800E blew me away - you will not be disappointed.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Yeah, that works. But if I set it to "auto", which is supposed to be based on the focal length, it always picks 1/30s. Doesn't matter if it's 'faster' or 'slower'... it always uses 1/30s. The auto selection is nice since it doesn't require an additional menu change with each lens change.

Frankly, this looks like a firmware bug to me...