The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7 with D800E anyone?

tashley

Subscriber Member
Another import question. When I put in the card, it doesn't find the NEFs unless I browse to them in the import window, even if import subfolders is selected. In addition, it doesn't eject the card and I must close C1 before the OSx finder will allow me to eject the card.
ditto

eleanorbrown

I'm getting huge numbers of crashes in various situations...I'm on a 2008 Mac Pro (high end at that time) with 20 gb ram. Eleanor

Just downloaded and installed Capture One. First time ever I am using it. After import of 224 RAW files I wanted to quit the program and it froze/crashed. :mad:Hardware is iMac 2010, 2.8 MHz, 16GB RAM. I sent the protocol and will look into it tomorrow.

Greetings, Jurgen

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
FWIW-My copy of C1-7 has run smoothly since I installed it about a week ago. I have an aging Mac Pro (3,1) running 10.8.2.

I'm taking notes from Jack and Guy's posts for the time when I get the D800 (probably about 6 months prior to the release of the D900 :eek:

And old habits die hard. Many C-1 versions ago I decided to use the Linear curve setting and I've never changed it. Which means I have to build almost every image up to something I like. On the few occasions when I've experimented with the other curves like "Film Standard", I'm always a bit surprised how close they come to my own fiddling. Which means either I'm really good or C-1 is reading my mind. My biggest complaint about any of the software, including LR, is the tendency they have to add too much contrast. Hence the Linear setting.

Look forward to reading others experiences with the new catalog function.

Best,
Tim

PeterA

I'd appreciate someone explaining the purpose of Catalogues and the fit of Albums and projects and folders and sub folders within all this ...

The videos available don't really do a good enough job of explaining the why.

PeterA

^^^

NM - I checked out You-tube and there a bunch of Media Pro videos which explain the 'logic'..

aragdog

Ok I think it is time for some person to do a video like Lynda.com or like Michael and Jeff on Capture one. I hope a lot of you agree.

I am on 10.6.8 in case it is just those of us on older os versions having the problem.
I have been told by people in the know that 10.8 may have issues, but 10.6 is fine and 10.7 is best. However, I too am on 10.6.8 and it is horribly buggy. I have suspicions that 10.6 doesn't do the best job of memory management and that causes the problems.

Magic

I am using 10.6.8 as well and so far it just doesn't seem to be stable (except of the Finder no other programs are running). I spent around 30 mins with the program yesterday and sometimes it even crashed when I tried to open the file. The next time it seemed "to behave" - weird. Of course I am interested to buy the software but as of now it is not much of use to me.
Obviously on other systems/configurations it runs stable but the problems many users are facing don't seem to be a good value for US$249 for this program now - Capture One has to do some homework IMHO.

danielmoore

Anyone having tethering issues with the D800/E and C1 v7?
I'm using Windows 7 x64. I set it up to test a couple days ago and things worked fine but had a job today and couldn't get C1 to produce anything more than temp files in the capture folder. Switched to Camera Control Pro and did the job but still no luck with C1.