The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focus bracketing Nikon D800E in Live View?

spotmeter

I've read through the manual several times, and I can't figure out how to do exposure bracketing for HDR in live view.

I want to focus and compose a scene in Live View, and then fire off 7 exposures (varying the shutter speed, aperture constant), each one a full stop apart. I would like to set it up so that it goes 1 stop overexposed (for shadow detail) and five stops under-exposed (for highlight detail).

One of the reasons I want to do it in live view is that I want to avoid shutter bounce. The other reason is that I want to be sure everything is in focus.

Since I shoot a lot of high contrast scenes, this is an option I would like to easily access when I need it.

Thanks.