Site Sponsors

Thread: The D800E in Ireland...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The D800E in Ireland...

Last summer, I spent a few weeks photographing the wonderful landscapes of Ireland; it's such a beautiful place, full of historical and natural beauty, that I felt privileged to be able to portray it with my photographs. This first instalment features landscapes as devoid as possible of man made stuff & of the intervention of men in general. I am posting a few here, as always there are much more to be find on my blog.

Tech stuff: all photographs have been shot with the D800E and the 24, 35, 50, 85 f1.4 AF-S with the 70-300 AF-S VR when needed, on a Gitzo tripod equipped with the Cube. Singh-Ray filters have been used as well (polarizer, Grad ND & ND) and a SB-910 Speedlight was used as well. RAW developed in Capture NX2 and finished off in PS CS6.

Again, for those daring souls among you, there is much more to be seen on my blog.Thank you for viewing! Best,

Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Leica Ambassador | Formatt-Hitech Ambassador | ABIPP EP
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The D800E in Ireland...

Masterful - Kudos. I am jealous!

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Excellent as usual, Vieri

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, I dare anyone to leave this page without further visiting your Blog for more stunning images. How delicious, yum!

Tranquility Ireland is my personal favorite, I hate saying something like this when they are all so stunning, but this one I can see myself getting lost in my dreams all night, or day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tashley View Post
    Thank you Tim, very much appreciated indeed. Ireland is really inspiring, I suppose I must blame it on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Excellent as usual, Vieri
    Thank you Jorgen!

Quote Originally Posted by pophoto View Post
    WOW, I dare anyone to leave this page without further visiting your Blog for more stunning images. How delicious, yum!

Tranquility Ireland is my personal favorite, I hate saying something like this when they are all so stunning, but this one I can see myself getting lost in my dreams all night, or day!
    Thank you Po-Ming for taking the time and visiting my blog as well, I am glad you enjoyed the pics and the Tranquillity...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    +1
    Thank you Magic!
    Vieri Bottazzini
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The wonders of megalithic Ireland (D800E images!)

Following my recent post featuring Irish landscapes, here I am with more photographs from the beautiful Ireland: this instalment features some of the megalithic remains that are present in such high numbers all over the island. As always, I am posting just a few images here; you can find many more photographs, some "behind the scenes" information and the rest of the story on my blog.

Tech stuff: all photographs have been shot with the D800E and the 24, 35 & 50 f1.4 AF-S, on a Gitzo tripod equipped with the Arca Swiss Cube. Various Singh-Ray filters have been used as well (warming polarizer & Grad ND) and a SB-910 Speedlight was used at times as well. RAW files were developed in Capture NX2 and finished off in PS CS6.

Again, there are much more pictures & the rest of the story here on my blog. Thank you for viewing! Best,

Vieri
    Last edited by vieri; 8th November 2012 at 13:01.
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The wonders of megalithic Ireland (D800E images!)

Outstanding!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Outstanding work!
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Superb!

Post Thanks / Like

these images are beautiful and I too particularly like Tranquility, Ireland on your blog. The new blog posting on dolmen and their friends is just as stunning. Love your photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ireland historical Christian remains

So here it comes, the third instalment out of the Irish photographs portfolio; this one is dedicated to early Christian remains, of which Ireland is very rich: abbeys, churches, High Crosses and so on - located on more or less remote locations - are very beautiful and photogenic. Here some pictures, a lot more as always on my blog.

Tech stuff: all photographs have been shot with the D800E and the 24, 35, 50 & 85 f1.4 AF-S plus the 70-300 VR, on a Gitzo tripod equipped with the Arca Swiss Cube. Various Singh-Ray filters have been used as well (warming polarizer & Grad ND) and a SB-910 Speedlight was used at times as well. RAW files were developed in Capture NX2 and finished off in PS CS6.

Thank you very much for viewing, and don't forget to check out my blog for more!

Best,

Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ireland historical Christian remains

Very nice work, Vieri - looks like you need a waterproof for your gear a lot of the time

Surprised that you use the Nikkor 70-300mm, maybe I just had a dud copy.

Post Thanks / Like

Vieri, you have to stop showing images like this. First, they look great. Second, I have to get to Ireland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danielmoore View Post
    Outstanding!
    Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    WOW! Outstanding work!
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by woodworth View Post
    Superb!
    Thank you guys, very much appreciated!
    Vieri Bottazzini

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hsteeves View Post
    these images are beautiful and I too particularly like Tranquility, Ireland on your blog. The new blog posting on dolmen and their friends is just as stunning. Love your photos.
    Thank you very much hsteeves, I am glad you are enjoying the Irish series... and there is more to come!
    Vieri Bottazzini

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swissblad View Post
    Very nice work, Vieri - looks like you need a waterproof for your gear a lot of the time

Surprised that you use the Nikkor 70-300mm, maybe I just had a dud copy.
    Thank you Swissblad Yes indeed, you need some serious water-proofness to go around Ireland unscathed - I was quite confident the Nikon gear would do fine, but took a lot of precautions anyway. About the 70-300, I gave it a try but I actually sold it after the trip - it definitely is not good enough for the 36Mp sensor of the D800E...

Quote Originally Posted by hsteeves View Post
    Vieri, you have to stop showing images like this. First, they look great. Second, I have to get to Ireland.
    Hey again! Thanks again for your comment, very much appreciated I am afraid I cannot grant you what you ask though, there will soon be some more Irish pictures coming up...
    Vieri Bottazzini

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

HI Vieri - excellent stuff - I particularly like the black and white shots

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Vieri - excellent stuff - I particularly like the black and white shots
    Hello Jono,

how are you? Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to view & for your nice words, I really appreciate it
    Vieri Bottazzini

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning images, i my humble opinion.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ireland's man-made landscape...

Here it is, the fourth and last instalment of my Irish portfolio, dedicated this time to landscapes which, whether willingly or unwillingly, have been heavily modified and defined by the intervention of man; to my eye, all these ruined buildings, wrecks and other man-made artefacts are very beautiful in their decay, perhaps more so than in their original form. As always, not to totally clog GetDPI, I am just posting a few photos here to whet your appetite; you can find the rest of the images and of the story on my blog!

Now for the technical stuff: all images shown here have been shot with a Nikon D800E with the 24mm f1.4 AF-S, 35mm f1.4 AF-S, 50mm f1.4 AF-S, 85 f1.4 AF-S & 70-300 AF-S VR, mounted when needed on a Gitzo tripod equipped with an Arca Swiss Cube head; Singh-Ray filters have been used, including a polarizer & various ND filters, and a SB-910 Speedlight controlled via the D800E commander has been used at times as well. Photos have been developed in Capture NX2 and finished in Photoshop CS6.

Thank you for reading this far, and don't forget checking my blog for the rest of the images and of the story!! Best,

Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post